Growing start up in the Consumer Services / FinTech Sector is seeking a new VP Controller to add to its team.
You are a technically versed, focused, level-headed person that is interested in an immersed operating role. You will be leading a growing team and reporting directly to the CAO. You will help reinforce our culture of autonomy AND accountability which is the foundation of our corporate culture.
Ideally, you have an MBA and/or accounting degree along with at least 10 years of relevant work experience. Experience in a start up with a complex Revenue Recognition Program or a fintech company, along with a CPA and Big 4 audit experince is MANDATORY. As we break new ground, you will have to interpret US GAAP and define our accounting policies and procedures. We are specifically seeking to hire someone that can bring diversity to our management team.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish and manage the companies’ financial reporting policies and procedures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Lead and support the month-end and year-end close process
- Coordinate the preparation of lender, investor and regulatory reporting
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Prepare interpretive analysis of financial statements
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Prepare and analyze cash flow reports and forecasts
- You’ll be responsible for implementing the systems and protocols to maintain good cost controls, healthy budgeting and oversee disciplined AR/AP management.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Map and track projected operational metrics and fundraising expectations
- Build and update a company dashboard with critical KPIs
- Create framework to measure and monitor performance against operational metrics
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all level
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, financial and analytical roles, CPA preferred
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance a must; MBA preferred
- Experience working in a financial services company, startup, SaaS company or software businesses undergoing rapid growth and change
- Strong negotiation and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data including presentations to senior management
- Excellent team building and leadership skills
- Attention to detail