Responsible for providing engineering leadership, direction, and technical support to the organization. Develop and direct the global execution of technical business strategies (as directed or as conceived on own merit) as well as technical solutions in support of established organization goals and objectives. Personally manage projects of scope beyond the capability of engineering team subordinates and, as appropriate, engage subordinates in a manner intended to further develop their technical, communication, and project management skill sets.
- Direct the work of individuals involved in managing a variety of engineering projects across all facilities by prioritizing projects, assigning projects, reviewing project plans, approving project changes, evaluating project status and recommending solutions or changes in projects to meet established budget and time requirements.
- Lead the prioritization of projects and communicate priorities to supporting resources to ensure adherence to project timelines.
- Identify areas of engineering related risk throughout the organization; including, but not limited to, capacity limitations, environmental exposures, site conditions, equipment condition/aging, and building condition. Identify, quantify, and summarize recommendations to avoid or remedy identified risks.
- Manage unique or large scale projects; define goals, conduct feasibility study, estimate cost, create/manage budget, select equipment/technologies, develop layout and design, document process, identify/evaluate/select/manage vendor partners, provide engineering input to contracts, and all other aspects of project management.
- Serve as an engineering technical expert within the OSI organization (technical consultant) both internally in support of locally managed facility projects and externally with customers in support of new facilities or products.
- Identify new/leading edge ideas, technologies, practices, and processes to enhance business performance and prepare recommendations for senior management review. Manage implementation of approved recommendations.
- Provide routine and ad hoc reports to management; includes project status, new project proposals, and technical innovation opportunities.
- Oversee external vendor relationships to ensure that contracts meet organization standards, evaluate performance of vendors against contract specifications, and resolve complex or sensitive issues beyond the authorization of subordinate staff.
- Lead Engineering team by providing training, resources, direction, performance feedback, disciplinary actions, and termination recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ten or more years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ten or more years leading large scale engineering projects directly and through subordinate project managers.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, with external consultants and internal staff at all levels.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work with basic and complex mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Work is generally performed within a business professional office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
OSI believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of OSI to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.