Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT staffing firm, has an immediate opening for a President for one of our large Financial clients. If you or someone you know is interested, please send an updated resume to Brittany at email@example.com
Role: President (Java Dev. Background)
Location: Whippany, NJ
Compensation: 150-180K (Negotiable Based on experience)
all Purpose of role
- Software development and design
- Analysis of problems and solution delivery
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required. The role is not “coding to a spec”, but rather understanding high-level business requirements and working as a team (with guidance) to craft solutions to meet those business needs. Each member of the team is expected to contribute to the solution, not merely follow direction.
- Though the role does not involve creating new frameworks or protocols, it may involve implementing new frameworks and messaging protocols provided by internal architecture teams or market standards bodies. These standards may not have been implemented before and there may be gaps / inconsistencies to reconcile. Collaboration and attention to detail are critical. The loan product is complex and so are the frameworks and messages to support it. Team members must be comfortable working within that complexity and weighing options for an optimal, yet pragmatic solution.
- Demonstrated project experience from inception and design to delivery. Support and maintenance experience is expected, but a significant design and implementation experience is required.
- Demonstrated architecture and system design experience. Must be able to distil high-level business requests into concrete and actionable implementation details that meet business and industry standards.
- Demonstrated experience leading a development team and / or principal development of a significant software project / product.
- Bachelors Degree
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- 7+ years demonstrated problem-solving skills and excellent communication
- Finance experience preferred - loan origination / syndication experience strongly preferred
- Experience on a team using Agile project management strongly preferred
- Good experience with automated unit testing and TDD strongly preferred
- Experience leading a small team and / or principal dev lead of a project module / component is preferred.
- Desired Technology skills/Experience:
- Google Chrome Dev Tools
- Grunt / Gulp
- Karma / Jasmine
- Node / NPM
- LESS / SASS
- Material Design / Bootstrap or other similar web UI library
- Back end
- Sql Server
- Hiberate or similar ORM tool
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178