Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll continue your career and be on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Distinguished Advisors serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are highly visible senior executives from Global 100 organizations. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development, the unique opportunity to make a significant difference in many client organizations simultaneously as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Provide strategic thought leadership for Gartner’s community of global chief supply chain officers (GCSCOs). Deliver that thought leadership through Gartner’s various channels of client engagement: events, blogs, teleconferences, workshops and individual client meetings.
- Develop overarching themes and deliver keynotes for GCSCO events. Assist in recruiting and preparing compelling speakers
- Present at multiple conferences as the industry expert
- Respond to client inquiries as required
- Define, lead and conduct client audio teleconferences
- Provide individualized consulting for clients regarding Gartner research or provide advice to a user or vendor client
- In conjunction with the GVP of Gartner for Global Chief Supply Chain Officers, help define the inputs to, and outputs from, the Executive Advisory Board (EAB) of leading industry practitioners.
- This includes leading on EAB topic selection, and then synthesizing and curating the ideas, suggestions and direction that the Board provides into actionable and executable plans and programs for internal Gartner teams.
- Lead and moderate all Board meetings and manage relationships with key Global Chief Supply Chain Officers.
- Help to define the roadmap of EAB activities, composition, calls, meetings, workshops, events, press opportunities etc.,
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone, face-to-face sales calls
- Deliver presentations to prospective clients at seminars
- Remain current on developments and issues within supply chain
- Act as Primary Press analyst
- Recruit, manage, motivate and mentor direct reports
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred
- 15+ years of experience within the supply chain sector, either as a practitioner or as a senior analyst tracking the industry.
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
- Recognized industry expert and thought leader
- Demonstrated excellence in research and writing skills
- Accomplished in public speaking, presentation creation and delivery
- Management experience
- Ability to create original thought leadership, concepts and framework on a particular area of the supply chain sector.
- Proven ability to develop new business development opportunities
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- Ability to represent Gartner's research methodology and strategies effectively at all levels of client organizations.
Job Requisition ID:38121
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.