At Beazer, we build homes. We also build careers. Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value, the team behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious, and dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork, improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
Overview: This position is primarily responsible for developing, implementing and executing a land strategy, including submarket(s) and product type(s) that support Division unit, community count and financial goals and provides strategic contributions to help Division leadership overcome operational challenges.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and maintain a land strategy that targets predetermined product types and submarkets and acquisition types (bulk raw, option finished, etc.).
- Consults with the Division President regarding strategic planning and assists finance personnel in preparation of the division’s annual business plan
- Monitors land use and fee issues in jurisdictions within the division market area
- Source, negotiate and contract acquisitions consistent with the land strategy.
- Conducts general market research focusing on regional employment, demographics, sales volume and competition
- Achieve LAR approved metrics for communities by achieving first sale, opening month, sales pace, ASP, and margin requirements.
- Complete LAR submittals, with well-thought out risks and opportunities; complete responsibility for the LAR process for the division.
- Execute land sales as per plan.
- Maintain applicable operating metrics.
- Recruits, hires, evaluates, trains, develops and retains a productive and highly engaged land acquisitiondepartment. Manage Land Acquisition staff if applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience
- College graduate, with degree in engineering, architecture, construction or planning required. PE preferred.
- Seven (7) to (10) years of experience working in positions of increasing responsibility related to land acquisition such as land brokerage, market research, financial analysis, forward planning, real estate development, construction project management; and to construction and/or development with knowledge of engineering drawings and setting schedules for development.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong leadership, project management, and budgeting skills required
- Ability to interact at the Senior Leadership Level of the organization
- Strong networking skills and relationship building
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate market data into community concepts
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements/documents, prepare acquisition packages and create & implement work plans
- Ability to craft and present presentations
- Ability to provide thoughtful risk assessments on market viability, construction costs and building rights
- Ability to direct numerous professional consultants through acquisition
- Position may require flexible work hours and some travel
- Typical office environment.
- Construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions. #LI-POST #LI-JL