VP. E-Commerce Fraud
StockX is seeking an experienced fraud, risk, and compliance leader to design, deliver, and manage our fraud analysis and mitigation strategy. The qualified candidate will have experience providing analysis needed for the prevention and resolution of fraud cases, and the development of new long-term strategies to minimize activities in a growing, fast-paced, e-commerce environment. The candidate will work closely with engineering, product, and data teams to identify ways to enhance fraud tools and processes, improve customer experience, and manage fraud risk exposure. The candidate will also work to develop strategies and reporting to help identify emerging fraud trends.
• Lead our strategic product and technology vision for fraud and compliance
• Define and articulate the customer experience and impact on fraud detection and prevention activities through a customer-first approach
• Work with cross-functional teams to deliver the latest fraud, risk and compliance solutions.
• Work collaboration with senior leadership, Business Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering
• Translate customer/user needs into well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud and identity landscape
• Guide and interface closely with data analysts and engineering teams to define scope, review, and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
• Communicate and report status, primary metrics, key fraud issues, solution plans, in a timely fashion to senior management and executives
• Establish business cases and projected ROI to prioritize opportunities
• Partner with Business Leaders, Finance, and Business Operations to manage the impact of profitability.
• Strong understanding of fraud and risk management in multiple areas: Fraud mitigation for online e-commerce transactions, loss mitigation, and recovery, and user compliance
• Expertise in leading analytics functions in planning and prioritizing strategic initiatives
• Excellent problem solving skills – the ability to tap into a wide range of previous experience, internal and external technologies, and advanced concepts to solve complex business objectives across multiple functions
• 7-10+ years of experience in building and developing teams in dynamic, tech-savvy organizations
• Undergraduate degree in technology, mathematics, finance, or related field
• MS/MBA/MA degree preferred
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is not all-inclusive. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.