Do you love thinking about big ideas? Can you look at a whiteboard full of brainstorming and put your finger right on the one word that resonates the most? WE Communications—a female-owned and -led communications agency that puts purpose at the heart of everything we do—is looking for a Vice President of Executive Communications to provide leadership and implement strategies that connect and engage a variety of audiences. The role will reside within our Global Marketing team and partner with senior leadership to manage initiatives, budgets and new efforts. The VP of Executive Communications will ensure that strategic executive communication plans support the growth of the PR, marketing and communications business through a primary focus on executive leadership platforms and thought leadership. This role will work as a trusted communications partner to the SVP of Global Marketing and global executive leadership, including the CEO, providing sound counsel on a variety of communications topics.
- Lead the development and implementation of executive communication strategies across the agency in partnership with Marketing and the office of the CEO.
- Provide strategic counsel within the PR landscape including but not limited to social media, paid media, content marketing, measurement, and SEO.
- Partners with the SVP to develop and manage cross-platform/cross-channel executive level communications and presentation materials.
- Manage a subset of the P&L to help drive business planning, budgeting and forecasting in conjunction with sector teams while remaining actively involved in aspects of account profitability, health, client service, billing and team success.
- Develop daily/weekly/monthly communication deliverables and pitch creative ideas to the CEO and executive leadership while keeping alignment with our capital offerings.
- Collaborate and work closely with our support teams to develop comprehensive Executive Communication plans to measure performance in order to identify key audience and trends.
- Partner with key leadership to ensure targeted, appropriate and consistent messaging of the WE Voice.
- Stay current on industry and client trends, and leadership development.
- Work in concert in global executive leads to develop platform-based content for a multitude of channels.
- Focus on attraction, development and retention of staff; help lead educational, integration and skills-based training efforts across NA account teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, or similarly applicable field is required; Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- 8-10+ years of marketing and communications experience required with applicable experience developing executive level content and communication strategy.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in leading and management of a diverse team
- Proven success in establishing relationships, being a high bandwidth communicator, with a track record of excellent collaboration
- Strong writing skills required, including speech writing, journalism, etc.
- Travel: may on occasion need to travel, up to 20%
- Solid organizational and project management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Possess exceptional communications skills.
- Client and business environment, Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.