We are the Future of Water! U.S. Water has a passion for developing and delivering unconventional solutions that leave the world a better place with better water. We are seeking to hire a VP Finance/Corporate Controler located at our corporate headquarters in St. Michael, MN. This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding and growing company that offers a rewarding career and the ability to make an impact. If you have a passion for finance and accounting, enjoy working in a fast paced, high growth, energetic and customer focused environment, please apply to The Best Place to Work in Water!
As a VP of Finance/Corporate Conroller you will establish, coordinate and maintain an integrated plan for the accounting and financial control of operations and assets. Provide leadership for the company-wide accounting and control environment. Measure performance against approved operating plans and reports and interprets the results of operations. Assure compliance with Government and other regulatory agencies reporting requirements. Establish, coordinate and maintain an integrated financial operating plan for the organization. Lead the preparation of models and analysis to support the annual strategic planning process. Direct the business financial analysis and reporting of historical results and forward estimates compared to plan and prior year to include geographic, market, cost center and business level analysis.
- Directs, coordinates and administers the development and evaluation of financial and accounting control policies, procedures and programs.
- Directs the accurate, consistent, and timely reporting of consolidated financial and accounting data.
- Defines financial reporting packages for all operating units included in the corporate consolidated financial statements
- Follows-up on submitted financials when information submitted requires further analysis.
- Assures compliance with SEC and FASB financial reporting regulations.
- Advises CFO on the impact of new SEC and FASB pronouncements and proposed regulations.
- Assures compliance with Government procurement regulations and reporting requirements.
- Supports Investor Relations program with analytical financial explanation of results of operations and changes in financial position which is communicated to external parties.
- Leads the long-range annual planning and forecasting processes for the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow planning.
- Leads the functional teams in the preparation and presentation of the strategic annual business plan models as well as quarterly forecast updates.
- Reviews financials for accuracy and conduct a risk and opportunities assessment on the financial projections.
- Provides timely and accurate sales and profit estimates on a regular and consistent basis.
- Provides trends and modeling of financial alternatives, investments, M&A, divestiture activity, business partnerships, external benchmarks, risk/opportunity assessments and new business development initiatives.
- Partners with business leaders in development of financial and operating plans in support of key product and market expansion initiatives, including initiatives in emerging markets.
- Provide evaluation models in support of targeted M&A opportunities.
- Analyze current cost structure and make recommendations on ways to maximize margins through activities such as cost reductions programs, pricing actions, value chain alternatives, and business models.
- Develop and apply financial return models (NPV, ROI, IRR) for business investments and investment plans to support resource deployment and prioritization decisions.
- Support ad hoc analysis as needed for various business modeling
- Analyze and assess actual performance trends versus the current year operating plan and prior year results
- Lead review, analysis, and presentation of actual results versus key leading indicators for the business
- Monitor and evaluate performance against expected results, and provide value-added analysis, commentary and recommendations as appropriate.
- Serve as the key contact for the various functional senior business leaders concerning financial and accounting issues
- Provide recommendations on ways to maximize profit potential
- Direct complex business modeling of financial measures as it relates to the business strategy and initiatives
- Partner with functional teams to build/maintain competitive financial projections. Utilizes this information to provide key insights into competitive activity
- Provide on-going management support for orders, revenue, cost and profitability measures
- Completion of audit and annual consolidation in a timely matter from end of year.
- Degree in Business Administration with major in Accounting-Finance. Graduate degree in business or graduate level courses desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a multi-divisional manufacturing/engineering environment (3-5 years public plus 7-5 years in industry is equivalent work experience).
- Knowledge of SEC and FASB, federal and state income taxes and government contract financial administration desirable.
Public Company experience and/or Public Accounting Experience highly desired
Financial modeling and analysis experience required.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with all management levels and external financial and legal community.
- Working knowledge of automated accounting systems, well-developed financial analysis capabilities, and sound administrative and management
- Physical and Mental requirements: Required to sit for extended periods of time.