Our Financial Advisory Services (FAS) practice is looking to add talented financial professionals at the VP level to our fast growing, energy-focused team (position offered in Houston/Atlanta/New York) within Portfolio Valuation & Fund Advisory. While the primary execution and business development focus will be PV, all members of the energy practice are cross-product team members expected to broadly facilitate our growth across all HL energy-related advisory services.
As a professional in the group, you will be teamed with a highly talented and dedicated group of valuation professionals, while being integrated with applicable firm-wide industry groups, providing you broad exposure to different investment considerations in the market today. Unique among valuation service providers, our practice in Houston is integrated with the full capabilities of an A&D platform (i.e. petroleum engineers, geologists, etc.). We offer a unique opportunity to work in a variety of subsectors of the oil and gas industry, including upstream, midstream and downstream as well as oilfield services. In addition, the opportunity involves potential work in related sectors, such as mining, chemicals and power generation.
We are looking for a VP to be part of our diversified financial advisory energy practice, with the expectation of spending a substantial majority of their time as part of a dedicated team that focuses on PV. The candidate will be expected to (i) play a significant role in the execution of a sizable existing business, (ii) facilitate the continued growth of such energy-focused PV business, (iii) play a leading role in administrative and marketing responsibilities associated with a growing energy-focused business.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Leading business and financial due diligence sessions with investors;
- Providing leadership and guidance towards valuing companies, businesses and securities;
- Leading the valuation review process;
- Presenting valuation analyses and conclusions internally and externally;
- Managing client deliverables;
- The ability to assist in building and reviewing complex financial models (e.g., to value specific securities or transaction structures);
- Assisting in quality control, execution, and industry consultation across the entire financial advisory services platform;
- Creative content development, thought leadership and collaboration across service lines;
- Assisting in the preparation of fee proposals to clients, including scoping discussions, pitch materials and internal engagement pricing committee memoranda;
- Helping pitch engagements and participating in business development initiatives; and
- Building relationships and maintaining direct contact with current and prospective clients.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic, and have a demonstrated ability and desire to work cooperatively with team members and client professionals. The ideal candidate may have some of the following qualifications :
- Prior valuation or related experience in the oil & gas industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced accounting, finance, financial modeling and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated experience managing analysts/associates or other personnel
- Entrepreneurial attitude: desire and willingness to support a growing practice and contribute across the full suite of offerings
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and common database systems
- Ability and willingness to travel; in addition to client and prospect-related travel; occasional travel to NYC/AT/Houston should be expected
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who possess:
- A minimum seven years of experience in financial services;
- Big Four, Independent Valuation Consultants, and/or transaction advisory services experience is a plus;