The VP Advanced Manufacturing and Lean for Company provides global leadership and strategy across all regions and businesses as part of the Global Operations team. The scope includes over 200 manufacturing plants and distribution centers globally. In this role you will provide input and insight to the SVP of Global Operations determining the overall operations strategy for the organization. You will also coordinate with key operations leaders across the globe to implement and execute on the key operational goals and deliverables of the AME and Lean strategy. This selected candidate will be the key Lean Manufacturing functional leader for the organization. Bring your strategic and tactical expertise into the company and help solve for challenges like how to produce goods quicker, more effectively as well as share operational best practices. Implement change responsive to external environment and participate in a cross-functional business and cultural development. Success in this role requires leadership across a complex regional, business, and functional matrix.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and deploy manufacturing work models focusing on global and scalable lean initiatives and standardized process control that support the overall strategy for manufacturing excellence across the enterprise.
- Provide expert knowledge in lean concepts and quality systems to the operations.
- Establish and implement robust set of standard operational procedures and processes powered by lean principles emphasizing continuous improvement in all areas to promote efficiency and effectiveness of the enterprise.
- Continuously improve knowledge through benchmarking and active participation in industry groups to promote operational excellence within Company.
- Drive the manufacturing operations to World Class Model Plant recognition levels that would be recognized by the external to SBD community.
- Partner with the Industry 4.0 team to deploy resource teams to the point of impact in the plants for key initiatives and projects.
- Develop and deploy improvement actions related to key business operations metrics and overall manufacturing effectiveness.
- Collaborate Establish a consistent measurement and reporting system to monitor performance of plants and DCs operationally on a regular basis to highlight success stories and areas in need of attention for process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a quality control program that assures customers receive a quality product, manufactured at a competitive cost; programs that assure proper purchasing practices, and achieve and maintain competitive and reliable delivery performance at optimum costs.
- Seek out, select, and implement appropriate tools and processes to build capability.
- Ensure full compliance with all government, local and corporate laws and policies including Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Create strategic relationships with all internal leaders and associates to design and execute manufacturing strategies and process improvements focused on improving manufacturing processes and yields as well as reducing manufacturing costs through innovative methodologies and established manufacturing principles such as, 5S/6S, Lean, Single Piece Flow, Plan for Every Part, Visual Factory, and Six Sigma.
- Improve operating margins by establishing, measuring, and meeting goals related, but not limited to on time delivery, cycle time reduction, yield improvement, internal rework and improved throughput.
- Develop capacity planning strategies and define and implement the means to leverage existing electronic systems for improved prediction of resource needs.
- Champion data-driven, continuous improvement efforts, in a solutions-oriented environment. Propose, support, and implement new ideas that support this environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business or Engineering related degree preferred)
- 15+ years of progressive, global manufacturing operations experience including diversified multi-plant managerial experience, leadership and strategy experience.
- Knowledge and deployment of state-of-the-art manufacturing practices as well as quality and continuous improvement techniques
- Advanced knowledge of lean manufacturing systems processes, products, and customers
- Strong background in goal deployment, strategic planning and building organizational capability.
- Demonstrated ability in strategic process creation and implementation
- Management and development of Operational Excellence function throughout an operation and across an organization including functional groups
- Technically proficient in all areas of manufacturing management, OpEx, supply chain management, and quality systems
- Extensive global experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, interpersonal effectiveness, and leadership.
- Excellent communication skills (written/oral) in English (multilingual proficiency preferred) with ability to communicate 1:1, in small groups and across entire plants
- Demonstrated ability to impact and lead change in an organization effectively
- Demonstrated leadership in Manufacturing Operations of complex devices; 5S/6S, Lean, Six Sigma or other TQM process improvement. Current Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Able to travel at least 30-40% of the time (must be able to travel globally)
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Experience managing multiple functions: finance, quality, purchasing and manufacturing
- Significant restructuring program experience