Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The VP Global Marketing develops go-to-market plans for Medidata globally across the portfolio; leading marketing planning and operations; defining and developing global campaigns; building digital strategy and coordinating execution across regions.
- Lead the creation, coordination and measurement of global programs and campaigns to drive awareness and demand for Medidata’s platform and key solutions across the portfolio.
- Identify growth opportunities for Medidata within the context of our business and innovation strategy
- Coordinate the execution of the global marketing campaigns and plans with each regional marketing leader.
- Understand marketing needs and develop varied value propositions and tactics based on each persona targeted by Medidata [Clinical Operations, Data Management, Biostatisticians, Commercial teams, IT managers, C-Suite]
- Be responsible for managing the global marketing budget and ensuring a return on investment from each region where the campaigns and activities are deployed.
- Develop the digital marketing and social media strategies for the brand across campaigns, driving clear decision-making and key stakeholder alignment
- Create vision for global integrated marketing strategies that effectively build brand awareness and preference for Medidata solutions as the leading platform in the industry
- Drive creative content creation for campaigns and digital assets based on customer and market insights
- Ensure global consistency in execution of marketing campaigns and programs across all touch points, across all regions and measure the outcomes.
- Manage the long term and yearly marketing strategy planning process; lead and coordinate activities with regional and global teams to identify key priorities for marketing aligned to business strategy.
- Coordinate planning process with Sales, Finance, and Product organizations to bring a holistic planning approach to all marketing activities globally that are connected to driving business targets
- Perform as a dedicated team player capable of operating effectively with a minimum of direction and enjoy significant operational interaction with senior corporate executives
- Lead a team of marketing experts [11 people and growing] globally; be responsible to further attract, hire, inspire, develop, and retain them.
- Lead the team with a hands-on leadership approach and focus on developing collaboration across teams within marketing and with the Product team and the Sales team
- Build a positive team culture while inspiring and motivating the team to achieve its goals.
- Have experience and vision in integrated marketing strategy and coordination; from creative, digital, analytics, demand generation, thought leadership, content marketing, partnership marketing.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills; capable of interfacing well across multiple skills within and across the company.
- Have a history of success in nurturing and strengthening the relationship with key business stakeholders: Sales, Marketing and Technology teams.
- Have a natural ability to engage and leverage internal resources cross-functionally.
- Deep knowledge of complex selling environments in the B2B technology world and what it takes to build both brand and product awareness and pipeline
- Demonstrable project management skills, including the capability to manage and deliver success under tight timelines.
- Have experience in bringing great practices and ways of working to be implemented around the globe.
- Have a collaborative business partner mindset with the ability to build, develop, and inspire.
- Maturity and skill in working with senior executives, customers, and sales teams to align on goals and work through business challenges
- High-energy, can-do attitude; comfortable working in a high-performance, entrepreneurial, open-door environment
- Proven track record of developing world class marketing teams in a growth environment
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a marketing or related field
- Masters degree or MBA is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of professional B2B experience preferable within a global high-growth technology business, motivating and leading a diverse and distributed marketing team; global experience is a plus
- Experience in Life sciences industry is a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
#LI - RL1