Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The VP Global Product will be accountable for delivering cohesive strategies across Design, Product Development and Product Management functions to architect an assortment that drives results that meet or exceed financial goals. As a result, this Leader and their team needs to deeply understand the global consumer when setting a macro product direction. The Leader’s product/concept vision for the brand is expected to accelerate growth across the product categories. The VP Global Product will set the tone for creative dialogue and ideation throughout their team and create brand equity by establishing strong relationships with functions outside of product to drive the overall brand culture.
- Lead and oversee the brands product strategy to spur innovation and trend right product that exceeds the expectations of the brand’s global consumers.
- With the help of the Consumer Insights Team, be an expert on consumer needs, and current fashion trends to create seasonal product strategies that incorporates the brand DNA while addressing the fast moving market.
- Lead the product team to establish themes that serve as the basis for key collections.
- Identify Big ideas and new category opportunities that warrant incremental investment to achieve long range growth plans domestically and internationally.
- Develop a product creation process that introduces new consumer focused products four times a year.
- Guide development from briefs through creative process by planning work flow, setting clear direction and prioritization key projects.
- Clearly communicate and manage seasonal category metrics (sku count, productivity, GM) to meet financial plans.
- Work with Design, Development and Factory base to ensure product costs align with brand strategy and improve profitability.
- Lead efforts with Sourcing/Finance to ensure accurate reporting of development and final GM metrics.
- Partner with key business leaders to develop powerful product strategy that resonates with consumers and separates the brand from the competition.
- Partner with marketing to translate key product initiatives and consumer insights into consumer-centric stories and the “Big Ideas”.
- Partner with Merchandising to ensure seasonal forecasts reflect product initiatives, brand strategy and aggressive demand planning.
- Partner with Sales to ensure product line supports channel and global account strategies.
- Establish relationships with key retailers to deliver product that will drive market share and create compelling Lead Partner opportunities.
- Partner with brand DTC to create exclusive product launches to build excitement and position DTC as the most important brand channel.
- Create a product/team environment that thrives on constant feedback and input.
- Build a high performance team through the ongoing development, coaching and training of people.
- Serve as an example on leading the midyear and annual review process through meaningful and constructive employee conversations..
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree with 15+ years experience in the industry.
- Proven working knowledge of footwear industry, including technology and product development, materials, trends and the overall marketplace.
- North American and Global exposure to footwear industry.
- Ability to set strategy and “see the white space” on Big Ideas.
- Proven success in managing a product organization and track record of business results.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and set an all-encompassing product vision.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).