- Create a vision and provide leadership to the Land Acquisition Department including department operations, budgets, projections and delivery of new projects.
- Recruit, hire, evaluate, train, develop and retain productive and highly engaged land acquisition department team members.
- Create an annual strategic land plan defining geographic, product and pricing goals to guide acquisition efforts and support the Company’s overall strategic plan.
- Analyze markets and sub-markets and the division’s current land positions in order to identify gaps and strategic areas for concentrating future land acquisitions and evaluating the overall technical and financial feasibility of a potential project.
- Maintain knowledge of market activities, trends and opportunities and generate prospective land deals through networking with industry and local contacts, brokers, title companies, developers, other builders, land sellers, and others.
- Oversee all potential new projects for the division including aggressively searching for new land parcels, negotiation with sellers, due diligence, and preparation of Corporate Approval Package.
- Prepare letters of intent and respond to requests for qualifications in a competitive bid situation.
- Assist Land Development with project “pro-forma” creation and refinement, including determining current agency fees, construction costs, site development costs, development and construction durations, absorption rates for home sales, and proposed land cost.
- Responsible for land purchases within the division. Responsible for real estate closings and financings, including negotiating, reviewing and/or drafting land banking documents.
- Oversee contract review with in-house and outside counsel, manage all contract negotiations, and contract execution.
- Review survey/title issues and other reports to determine liabilities of potential acquisitions.
- Assist in the presentations before municipal decision-making bodies and other government entities.
- Responsible for the preparation of deal summaries and land tracking report for corporate management and Division President.
- Create and foster relationships with landowners, land brokers, title companies, lenders, municipalities other homebuilders, and lot developers
- Manage the Lot Takedown Summaries for accurate reporting of lot purchase activity.
- Assist Division President / Homebuilding in developer related issues after Initial Closing.
- Work with Division President on Balance Sheet Management by selling or renegotiating real estate assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA strongly preferred.
- Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Construction Science or Real Estate strongly preferred.
- Minimum seven years of real estate acquisition and negotiation experience, preferably in the homebuilding industry.
- Minimum two years of proven management capabilities with experience in managing people, department operations, budgets and pro-formas, and a track record of managing and growing a strong team.
- Strong background with financial models/analysis.
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity Then Company is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. ' Company is the ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes built, Company is looking for professionals who are self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Company, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital asset
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best