We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Licensing team at Warner Chappell Production Music.
Title: VP, Licensing & Music Services
Why this could be your next big break:
Under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for independent judgment and decision making, the VP, Licensing & Music Services is responsible for leadership and development of the licensing & music services team to exploit the company’s catalog in all areas including television, film, streamers, advertising, video games, trailers, radio, and other prospective markets and clients. An ideal candidate will be hands-on in having an impact on the production music business unit of Warner Music Group currently in a transitional phase moving aggressively into the future. They have extensive knowledge and skill in the effective fundamentals of sales and its principles, especially within the production music space, but aren’t married to them and open to new approaches and strategies. They know the ins and outs including the language and metrics but have a pension for innovation and thinking outside-the-box with an approach centered on problem solving for clients. They have a proven ability to motivate and inspire teams and the experience to coach and mentor to success.
Here you’ll get to:
SALES STRATEGY & CLIENT/CATEGORY ASSIGNMENT (not responsible for client management directly)
- Set domestic sales strategy and align the sales team structure and client assignments accordingly
- Oversee and guide client management plans with staff (sales and music services)
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization and accompany sales staff to events, conferences, and provide executive sales presence for key meetings and clients
- Spot market opportunities for new customers and growth
- Work with senior management and affiliate offices on strategy and implementation for global sales strategy and expansion in international markets
TEAM & PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Mentor and develop domestic sales & music services staff including advising on license terms & rates, industry/trend monitoring, and proactive client engagement
- Create and maintain sales team morale and culture to motivate and inspire staff to meet and exceed goals
- Set KPIs, goal targeting and pipeline management with staff accountability
- Oversee all aspects of recruitment, selection and management of the sales department as needed
SALES BUDGET & FORECASTING
- Work with senior management on developing and maintaining an annual sales budget, forecast, and strategy with reporting on performance and variances
MARKETING & EVENTS
- Work closely with Marketing on client engagement strategies and event presence (blasts, merch, social media, gifting, etc.)
SYSTEMS & PROCESSES
- Oversee CRM workflow and development via Salesforce and potential custom CRM platform
- Work collaboratively across teams including Operations, IT, Royalty, and Admin teams to build necessary data workflows for market and client analysis
- Identify key areas for improvement and implement change in the sales and music services processes and systems
Rockstar candidates will be able to be/have:
- Deep industry contacts and network
- Effective leader of people with a track record of mentoring teams to deliver profitable growth
- Excellent communication skills with strong EQ component, both written and verbal
- Deep industry contacts and network
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Ability to take initiative and pro-actively explore areas in need of refinement/improvement
- Financial acumen and business management skills
- 5+ years of music library sales experience, including prior sales leadership experience
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as necessary
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.