Responsible for the Area execution of National Sales programs, defined strategies, and priorities in support of National Sales and corporate goals. The VP is charged with maximizing account penetration and the implementation of sales strategies and tactics that drive sustained sales and margin growth within targeted contracts. The position will be responsible for the service delivery model applied to the segmented National Accounts model. The position will be responsible for ensuring that Area personnel are deployed against accounts and showcasing the Company 's unique value proposition specific to those accounts. He/she will direct the downstream activities of a team of Account Executives, Account Managers, Account Coordinators, Customer Service Manager and a team of CSRs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Select, develop and coach a high performing team of sales professionals to meet or exceed targets of profitable revenue growth. Coordinate sales efforts by establishing and assigning sales responsibilities, and goals in line with the segmented National Sales service model. Identify opportunities to increase sales and margins in existing accounts and direct account executives toward areas of increased profitability. Responsible for executing product conversions, Exclusive Brands penetration and contract profit maximization to achieve sales and profit goals. Must understand the impact each lever has on the national account 's P&L.
- Own and manage the Area's National Account portfolio and responsibility for achieving required service level and annual sales plans.
- Implement the company's sales process to establish a culture of consultative selling to decision-makers at all levels.
- Recruit, hire and supervise National Sales staff and managers. Ensure that the National Sales structure of Area is in line with the standard structure. Establish a planned program for sales coaching, working with AEs on all aspects of the sales process. Participate in sales calls with AEs to provide feedback, and to assist with large opportunities. Develop and coordinate performance review process for all sales employees.
- Perform all other duties as needed or required to maintain and grow profitable business within the assigned account base.
All Area National Sales staff including Account Executives, Account Managers, Customer Service Representatives, Account Coordinators and/or their managers.
- Internal: Regional VP of National Sales Field Operations, Area President, all Area functions and leaders.
- External: Customers, Vendors, Brokers
Education/Training: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field or equivalent experience required.
Related Experience: A minimum of 8 years experience in sales or sales management with at least 5 years in supervisory role. Experience in a contract-driven selling environment and in food-service industry or related field preferred. A consistent record of managing teams to exceed sales performance expectations and innate customer and people development skills. Overnight travel may be required to participate in trainings, meetings, or other company events.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation ability. Strong customer orientation. High energy, creativity, leadership and motivational skills. Knowledge of the food service industry and profit & loss management, planning and analysis. Should be proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).