In order to support the ongoing and projected growth of this great ministry, CCM is seeking a dynamic VP of Business Analytics to lead the actuarial and business intelligence function into the future, and to be a significant contributor to CCM fulfilling its broad sharing mission and to steward the blessings of the ministry for greater kingdom impact. This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional, faith-based candidate to use their God given gifts and talents to do something meaningful in the lives of others and the Kingdom of God! Additionally, you will join an exceptional team of people who are bright, creative, courageous and have a passion to serve the Christian community.
Company is a community of Christians that requires its employees to share its Christian religious beliefs and practices. CCM complies with all anti-discrimination laws applicable to religious employers.
A career with Company (CCM) is more than just a job, it’s a ministry. CCM’s mission is to connect and equip Christians to share their lives, faith, talents, and resources with others. The foundation of CCM’s mission is Acts 2:42-47.
The VP of Business Analytics will oversee pricing of our Medi-Share program and future products; forecasting in support of pricing, budgeting, performance management, including some application of econometrics; predictive analytics to improve the sophistication of our pricing, marketing, and cost management; business intelligence to improve decision makers’ abilities to analyze and manage financial performance; and data management to support all of the above.
The VP of Business Analytics will manage an approximately 10 person division in the near term and will build this analytics function for us, much like an entrepreneur. The candidate will inherit a staff of 6 business intelligence and data analysts that should form the starting core of the business intelligence and data management function. Additional staff will be needed to develop the pricing/forecasting/predictive analytics capabilities.
As a 501c3 religious organization, our ideal candidate will possess a strong faith walk with Christ, a strong actuarial background, analytical and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, or a business or mathematical discipline
- 6-8 years of progressively responsible actuarial experience including a minimum of 3 years in staff management experience.
- Associate or Fellow of Society of Actuaries (ASA/FSA) designation required
- In depth knowledge of healthcare products, concepts, analytics, benefits and underwriting
- Proven track record in the ability to lead and drive change and process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels inside and outside the Ministry
- Self-directed, with strong self-management and time-management skills
- Self-awareness – aware of moment-by-moment response to people and circumstances; in touch with personal strengths and limitations and how they apply to the situation at hand
- Energy – able to function at full work capacity, and to complete daily and weekly work requirements
- Enthusiasm – able to convey a sense of energy and encouragement to the client
- Integrity – does what is right, even at personal risk or cost.
- Honest: i.e., truthful, reliable (does what he says he is going to do; does a full load of quality work each week; does not cut corners), authentic, genuine (not merely performing; what you see is what you get).
- Empathy – able to understand another’s perspective and feelings, and to convey that understanding to the employee, moment-by-moment; ability to see and understand another’s perspective
- Respect—believes in, and affirms the dignity or value of the person
- Action oriented—Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Develops talent—Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Strategic mindset—Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Leadership – has the ability to provide day-to-day leadership and management that mirrors the purpose, mission and core values of CCM.
- Ability to lead, plan and manage through change
- Passion / willingness to become immersed in the work of the Ministry – Actively involved and engaged member of a Christian / Evangelical Church; must practice Christian faith and believe in the mission of Company
- Communication Skills – has excellent written and verbal communication skills. Is capable of sharing ideas with others with a true sense of purpose and excitement. Listen first approach.
- Ability to Handle/Manage Stressful Situations – responds effectively and professionally in times of conflict or crisis.
- Fact Based Reasoning - relies on quantifiable data-driven analysis to inform decisions yet is comfortable using intuition when appropriate.
- Adaptable and Imaginative – remains open to change and visualizes possibilities to resolve issues and capitalize on opportunities.
- Hands On Approach - Enjoys the challenge of being personally involved as an influencer, coach, and cheerleader to the team to ensure things happen. Takes calculated risks showing creativity, initiative, and follow through.
- This job has supervisory responsibilities. You will be expected to manage the business intelligence and data management teams, as well as individual contributors such as a Healthcare Economist.