In this role you will lead a Business Center of 350+ employees supporting Sales, Service, Underwriting, and Operational Effectiveness in a highly collaborative matrix organization. Foster a culture focused on ensuring the quality and satisfaction of our customers including agents and employees by developing, planning and executing upon operational goals as aligned to the organization’s overall vision. Maintain a cost-effective organization that monitors agent and policyholder satisfaction and ensures the proper application of underwriting policies and programs. Position demands strong communication, vision, collaboration and risk taking. Continuous focus on talent development, engagement, diversity and inclusion is a must.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for individual and collective team leader motivation, growth and professional development through personal example.
- Serves as a communication link between Claim, RVPs, and agents in all areas served by the business center.
- Proactive in community affairs and various industry boards and bureaus.
- Contributes input into business plans and provides strategic direction in pricing, product development and production planning sessions.
- Selects, develops and coaches Center Directors to monitor and maintain priorities within the centers to meet customer, facility and corporate goals.
- Demonstrates sound fiscal management by allocating Center resources to meet corporate and customer objectives. This includes forecasting, site resource planning, prioritization and management of multi-million dollar budget.
- Responsible for proactively leading process improvement efforts within the centers to enhance the quality and decrease of the cost of service delivery.
- Assess and implement organizational improvements that will enhance success; develop operations standards; coach and motivate the team to produce outstanding results and achievements (both individual and enterprise-wide).
- Strategic vision and implementation.
Minimum 3 years Insurance experience or 5 years operational experience. Minimum 3 years overseeing or guiding the work of others.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Typically has 10 years of experience in Insurance Industry, including comprehensive knowledge of industry practices, company and agency operations.
- Large scale call center experience managing in a multi-shift 7 day operation.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to collaborate with others and motivate teams.
- Thorough knowledge in people management, communication, strategic thinking, conflict management, organizational and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated business impact in customer-focused field.
- Thorough knowledge in managing complex programs and interconnected projects.
- Demonstrated analytic and decision making skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.