This position will ensure customers are consistently deriving value from Company and are delighted by every interaction with the company.
The Vice President of Customer Success will oversee the following key functions:
- Customer Success Management
- Activation/ Implementation & Onboarding
- Advisory Services / Consulting
- Technical Support
- Training & Education
The successful execution of these key functions will enable this executive to drive and scale a customer success organization that will be a competitive differentiator for Company.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Customer Success Champion – Be the personal customer champion for Company. Truly listen to the customer to better understand their needs, issues, and opportunities in working with Company and advocate for their success. Create a customer success culture across Company by aligning with all functions (sales, product, marketing, etc) to ensure customer needs are being heard and prioritized.
- Proven Experience Driving Positive Customer Outcomes:
- History of increasing renewal rates and decreasing churn.
- Experience increasing net retention
- Decrease customers time to value
- Map the customer journey, create onboarding and support playbooks, define how to handle escalations.
- Metrics Oriented:
- Clearly define metrics by which health of customers will be assessed.
- Review data regularly with team and management and align the team on ambitious, yet realistic, KPIs.
- Technology Oriented - Leverage today’s technology solutions to scale a progressive and proactive customer success organization.
- Proactive, not Reactive – Acts fast, instills a sense of urgency in the team. Doesn’t wait for customer issues to arise.
- Growth Experience – Has operated successfully within a company(s) that has experienced aggressive customer and revenue growth.
- Team Builder/Coach - Capable of hiring, developing, and retaining a world class customer success team.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Hands-on leader rather than a manager. Has a roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic. High energy, able and willing to work long hours with minimum support, ready for the demands of a dynamic, rapidly-growing start up. Scrappy.
- Business Model Familiarity – Ideally, this executive will have experience working in a technology company with a technical product and buyer. Experience in the Application Development or DevOps space would be beneficial, but not necessary.
- Cultural Fit - Must align with Company’s culture
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of experience managing post-sale teams
- 5+ years of experience working for a high-growth software company (ideally selling to a technical buyer) in a leadership position
- Experience managing teams >20 people
- Ideally this person is located in the Bay Area or Boston.