As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media Studios is looking for aVP of Development, Unscripted & Lifestylebased in Los Angeles who will be responsible for developing longform non-scripted television series for sale and license to network clients and partners with a focus onunscripted formats, talk, and lifestyle (culinary, design, home)programming. This position will report to the SVP, Head of Entertainment of Vox Media Studios.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute original programming for network clients
- Find and create new unscripted ideas and shows
- Oversee creation of pitch materials including paper, decks, and sizzle reels
- Build and maintain relationships with producers, directors, and production companies
- Help pitch ideas to Networks and other buyers
- Communicate the development strategy to the creative and network community
- Work closely with independent producers, agents, production company reps, talent, and internal storytellers to source, develop, package, sell, and produce original programming
What You'll Bring:
- A self-starter, who is assertive, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- Strong relationships with Content Buyers, Agents, Producers, and Managers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Strong storytelling and hands-on production skills (showrunning experience is a plus)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high energy environment
- Team player who works well with others
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with a network or production company or related experience
- Minimum of 7 years working in television series development and production in the unscripted and lifestyle categories or related experience
- Knowledge of and interest in Vox Media content and target demographic.
- Comfortable in a high-growth, highly dynamic business environment.
- Willingness to work in Los Angeles and be able to travel for work related productions
- Must be willing to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.