The Company has an excellent opportunity for a Vice President of Development for the Greater Nashville area. The VP of Development will be responsible for managing a dynamic fundraising team, as well as collaborating with corporate and community leaders to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of fundraising efforts. Accountable for revenue generation and community development activities for the Greater Nashville area. In addition, will be responsible for managing top corporate accounts, identifying and recruiting volunteer leadership, and holding volunteer leaders and staff accountable to their fundraising goals and objectives. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Lead and manage staff to reach established goals, while managing an overall strategy for fundraising, managing timelines and holding staff accountable for key fundraising events – Heart Walk, Heart Ball and Go Red For Women Luncheon.
- Recruit and manage high-level volunteers and volunteer leadership committees to implement and successfully complete assigned revenue goals and activities.
- Responsible for meeting specific financial targets while managing multiple revenue channels to include but not limited to corporate sponsorship, individual giving, employee engagement and peer to peer fundraising.
- Engage top employers, Fortune 1000 companies, and major medical institutions in strategic partnerships with the Company.
- Drive new business recruitment, and aggressively grow the number of new corporations supporting the work of the Company.
- Achieve Best Practices in volunteer recruitment: i.e., committee structure in place 18 months prior to event, secure three-year commitment of Event Chairs for each event.
- Develop and manage key strategies for individual giving and donor engagement to include but not limited to Cor Vitae Society, the Company’s annual philanthropic giving society
- Increase overall market revenue by implementing organizationally identified Best Practices.
- In partnership with Executive Director, identify and engage potential national sponsors and top philanthropists in relationship with the Company
- Operationalize the vision, management of staff, and implementation of strategic priorities, and volunteer and employee engagement plans.
- Prepare and manage annual operating budget.
- Participate and serve as AHA representative at community and corporate functions that will provide networking and visibility opportunities and facilitate generating new business contacts.
- Manage team to ensure accuracy of data to internal tracking systems, i.e. Blackbaud TeamRaiser, Dynamics, Greater Giving
- Proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated ability to secure corporate donations through participating in and leading top-level sponsorship asks.
- Demonstrated efforts to recruit and cultivate major individual donors, secure city-wide sponsorships, and recruit new companies and volunteer leaders.
- Direct knowledge of special event fundraising tactics essential.
- Ability to articulate Company’s mission to donors and prospects in a way that both educates and compels them to give.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in non-profit fundraising and volunteer management.
- 7+ years of managerial experience preferably with fundraising staff in a similar organization.
- Strong knowledge of the Greater Nashville area business, medical, and philanthropic communities or the ability to quickly become acclimated.
- Candidates must also be willing and able to travel frequently within the Greater Nashville area.
- Must have knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office products.