This job serves in a CFO role capacity for Company Options, the Health Plan's company in the Medicaid market within Delaware. It is responsible for oversight of the financial operations of this business segment, including appraisal of operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operational policies, trends and increased profit opportunities, development of forecasts and business plan projections and support of state regulatory reporting among others. Partners with segment and matrix partner leaders to drive achievement of current year and future multi-year financial commitments.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Responsible for all financial related matters for the business segment, including forecasting, financial plan development, budgeting, actual versus plan/forecast reporting, communication and translation of financial results and projections to executive management, etc.
- Core management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity of both any direct report staff but also in coordination with matrixed business partner staff.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the function; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; including budgetary responsibility and authority for the entity.
- Functions as a member of the team responsible for developing vision and strategy. Provides detailed guidance on the preparation of all financial components of the strategic plans across the business segment. Oversees communication of strategy and vision to management and staff and to representatives of the company.
- Accountable for activities required to maintain financial records, the preparation of financial statements, the preparation of Board of Director statements, and the preparation of statutory reports for submission to the Department of Insurance in DE.
- Leads the business segment forecasting and operating expense oversight, including maintenance of forecast/budget development processes and assessment of operating effectiveness with respect to current and multi-year financial performance targets.
- Oversees the detailed, multi-year earnings improvement initiatives under the direct and indirect control of the segment leadership, including measurable initiatives across all financial statement categories.
- Partners with actuarial functions, enabling effective product pricing, in-year claim analysis, and incurred but not recorded reserve decision making.
- Oversees compliance matters including product filings, resolution of regulatory issues, responses to regulatory inquires, among other duties. Provides counseling/advice with respect to regulatory developments in the external environment, product development issues, and the interpretation and administration of Medicaid market products.
- Provides oversight of the business segments initiatives, ensuring that initiative business cases are thoroughly documented and that measurable success criteria are contemplated in current and multi-year budgets, projections, etc.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Master's in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- 7 years of people management or project leadership
- 7 years of Healthcare payer sector experience with emphasis on Medicaid Market
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Ability to analyze financial results and to comprehend complex rating structures impacting financial results and used for financial forecasting
- Effectively interact with all levels of management, which includes strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to concisely explain financial principles and practices
- Must be detail-oriented and posses strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization/environment