Accountable for managing and directing all activities associated with the financial management, budgeting, compensation payout, business analysis, and financial planning for Palo Alto Foundation Medical group (PAFMG). A strategic leader who partners with the CEO and CAO at PAFMG in meeting the strategic, operational, and financial goals established for PAFMG and the Bay Area Foundation.
- Oversee and direct the formulation of provider compensation programs to provide additional funding for new or continuing operations, to maximize return on investments for PAFMG and PAMF, and to increase physician productivity.
- Oversee Accounting, Payroll, Physician Compensation, Treasury, , Financial Analysis, Decision Support, and other finance-related operations.
- Assure that all monthly close, quarterly, annual and any other ad hoc reporting deadlines to PAMF and Company are met.
- Serve as a leader representing PAFMG in the annual PSA negotiation with Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF).
- Serve as key staff and partner with the PAFMG Board Treasurer to PAFMG Finance Committee.
- Serve as key staff and partner with the Chair of the PAFMG Compensation Committee.
- Keep PAFMG leaders informed on the status of all financial matters relating to the PAFMG, PAMF, and Bay Area Region.
- Lead the budgeting process for PAFMG and coordinate with PAMF, Bay Areas Region, and other key parties within Company regarding annual budgeting. Verify and assess budgeting process and work closely with PAMF and Company in setting capital budget targets.
- Prompt monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, analysis, and interpretation as required by the PAFMG board, government, and regulated agencies.
- Oversee successful completion of annual audits with external auditors.
- Serve as liaison to the PAFMG CPA for all tax related planning and matters.
- Partner with PAFMG leadership to assess opportunities for new practice acquisition, new services development, and expansion plans to ensure the opportunities are aligned with the organization strategy.
- In addition to the key accountabilities listed, employees working in this position are expected to accept and perform other duties as requested.
Required: Bachelor's in Accounting, finance or related field.
- At least 10 years In a senior healthcare financial management position
- Thorough knowledge of medical group, ambulatory, and hospital accounting and financial management, with demonstrated experience in managing general accounting, budgeting, payroll and accounts payable, and financial analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and cost accounting principles.
- Extensive knowledge of capitation accounting and reporting requirements and in-depth knowledge of the financial, patient care and revenue generating information systems, and how their activity feeds into the general ledger.
- Working knowledge of retirement benefits plans, professional liability and malpractice insurance, and self-insured benefits programs preferred.
- Significant experience in complex large multi-hospital/ medical group organizations.
- Strategic planner and problem solver who can successfully apply experience and appropriate judgement to deal with complex business situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management both inside and outside the Finance area.
- Previous Board level presentation experience.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Life Insurance