In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, account reconciliation, profit and loss reporting, fundraising, and investor relations. The VP of Finance will oversee all accounting activities related to income auditing, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable collection, tax compliance and payroll. In addition, the VP of Finance will oversee potential M&A activities and drive the firm’s commercial activities. If you have a strong background in corporate financial management and strategy, we want to hear from you.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be to
- become an integral part of Company’s top management team and provide strategic recommendations in all business matters,
- own the financial planning for the firm and its subsidiaries and provide regular updates to the management team,
- drive the budgeting and planning process and manage financial risks (e.g. FX),
- complete monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis and drive accountability across the company,
- oversee external firms (accounting/tax/audit) and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the accounting close process,
- build out the FP&A function at Company by hiring, mentoring, and coaching internal team members and external partners,
- communicate and present the firm’s financial results to relevant audiences, incl. management team, investors, and the board,
- manage investor relations and fundraising efforts, incl. preparation of pitch decks and other documentation, tracking of new and existing investor relations, evaluation and negotiation of term sheets, and to
- collaborate with the management team in developing and driving the overall business strategy, and specifically the firm’s business model and monetization strategy and in that context evaluate various licensing models for our core technology and drive commercial discussions and negotiations with existing and future customers and partners.
Expected qualifications and characteristics are
- a minimum of 5 years of experience with a mix of experience across Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Venture Capital (VC), including experience working for a high-growth startup,
- a Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Finance & Accounting or MBA (strongly preferred),
- a strong understanding of the traditional automotive industry as well as new mobility players,
- a strong network within the investors’ community and startup ecosystem in the transportation space is preferred,
- familiarity with IFRS and German GAAP (German language skills nice to have),
- exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills coupled with sound business judgement and diligence,
- the proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with executive teams, investors, and other audiences, and
- excellent leadership, mentorship, and team development skills.