As a key member of the business unit’s executive management team, the VP of Finance assumes a strategic role in the overall management of the Patterson Companies Animal Health business unit. They will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the subsidiary.
This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, and partnership compliance.
Work closely with the president and the Leadership Team to attain maximum profitability with optimum use of assets by monitoring operations and identifying, suggesting, and implementing current and/or proposing improvements in policies and procedures.
VP of Finance Responsibilities:
- Transact all business in accordance to Patterson Companies Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial, capital management and tax objectives of the business.
- Lead the finance and accounting functions.
- Coordinate preparation of financial statements, financial statistics and other information as required or requested.
- Develop financial forecasts, annual budgets and long range planning with the Leadership Team.
- Establish and maintain solid banking and other relationship with the financial community.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Work with Company’s internal auditing team to ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Ensure that all tax liabilities are filed timely and paid in accordance with the respective taxing authority mandates.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the Company’s senior Finance executives so as to identify the needs for business solutions across the enterprise.
- Provide the Company’s executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Other VP of Finance responsibilities as assigned.
VP of Finance Requirements:
- Strong financial and business expertise in finance, accounting, treasury, information systems, and administration.
- 15+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in real estate development, property management, and/ or construction industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff.
- Able to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- College degree in accounting and/or finance related field.
Preferred VP of Finance Experience:
- Advanced degree and CPA designation is strongly desired.
- Experience with ERP implementation.
- Knowledge of SAP.
Positions Reporting to The VP of Finance Position:
- FP&A Director
- Accounting Director
This role will have up to 25% business required travel
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.