What contribution will I make to Company
The VP, Finance - Supply Chain leads Company sourcing and operational financial analysis activities including budgeting, forecasting, accounting, cost allocations, and driving operational benefits through analysis of cost, efficiency and working capital metrics. Through analysis and recommendations, this role will provide leadership in in driving improved performance, implementation of standard processes and strengthening of financial internal controls. The VP will shape strategic decisions, not only for supply chain activities, but across the company. This role will be key in developing and building Supply Chain Finance as integral business partners and thought leaders throughout the organization.
What you'll be doing
- Build the budget and forecast for key supply chain P&L accounts, develop allocation methodology, and provide monthly analysis of actual results versus expectations, as well as manage quarterly allocation true-ups.
- Build supply chain financial analytics capabilities within the organization, identify optimal reporting structure and team to develop and build supply chain financial analytics capabilities within the Supply Chain organization.
- Create and implement strategic / analytic reviews of activity based cost drivers, COGS, inclusive of tolling rates, logistics / warehousing, supply chain overhead and other expenses within COGS, by business unit, to ensure alignment regarding budget and forecast assumptions as well as monthly variance reporting vs. budget, forecast and prior year results.
- Create and implement strategic / analytical reviews of freight out by business unit to ensure variances to expectations are explained and actions to improve efficiency are monitored, reviewed and implemented to drive performance goals.
- Create and implement strategic / analytical reviews of inventory by business unit to ensure working capital metrics, and excess & obsolete inventories are being monitored, reviewed and actioned against to drive performance goals.
- Develop score cards and KPI’s for outsourced manufacturing metrics and report out to business units, identifying key deliverables and actions for improved results.
- Key partner and thought leader in S&IOP (Sales and Inventory Operations Planning) processes
- Ensure all supply chain accounting and internal controls are recorded and reconciled in accordance with GAAP and company policy
- Provide strategic financial leadership and decision-making and serve as principal financial advisor for supply chain activities and Chief Supply Chain Officer
- Work closely with supply chain management to monitor and manage all organizational expenses
- Analyze trends and provide early warnings guidance on potential risks & opportunities to supply chain operating performance
- Finance leader for strategic sourcing and supplier consolidation projects
- Build partnerships across the organization to ensure alignment and execution of supply chain activities for successful outcomes
What are the requirements for consideration
- CPA and / or MBA preferred.
- Applicable experience of 10+ years.
- Proven track record leading within a dynamic matrix organization.
- Prior supply chain finance experience a must.
- Prior consumer packaged goods experience a must.
- At least 5 years in leadership role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Hyperion and Oracle preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Requires a highly organized, strong analytical thinker.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.