We are looking for a VP of Global Supply Chain, Sourcing and QA for Apparel to join our Leadership team. In this role, you’ll develop strategic product solutions, market requirements, product requirements and go to market plans. You will work in collaboration with the VP of Hardware Engineering to develop hardware solutions to address apparel industry needs, including personalization and customization, globally. Additionally, you’ll be an integral part of the Commercialization team for negotiation, product demonstrations, quality assurance, and customer support from initial engagement to deal closing, among other key duties.
- Provide on-going QA support of customer accounts, acting as an ambassador of quality assurance & customers care.
- Build relationships with major players in the apparel manufacturing supply chain ecosystem for our pre launch testing and eventual product launch to gain significant traction in adopting Company’s solutions.
- Collaborate with business units, marketing/sales and operations teams to grow the customer base and revenue.
- Serve as “voice of the customer” to product development teams, surfacing customer needs and expectations.
- Be Company’s product knowledge expert to help customers understand how and where Company’s solutions fit within the apparel manufacturing supply chain ecosystem and the benefits gained.
- Periodically travel to apparel manufacturing facilities for customer care visits, investigate quality issues, and gather customer feedback
- 15+ years of experience in all aspects of apparel manufacturing, sourcing, productions, and logistics, spanning all garment categories, including accessories.
- Extensive experience in technical supply chain, sourcing, and production with in-depth knowledge of the buying process, quality assurance, machinery, technical evaluation criteria, quality standards and qualification requirements.
- Quantitative approach to supply chain management; you understand the economics of manufacturing and can make sound strategic decisions when considering the data
- You’re an open-minded executive who embraces technology and drives adoption of disruptive hardware solutions; you want to lead changes with a positive force to modernize the apparel industry.
- Proven track record of ability to persuade, align, and get buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Previous experience has been global in reach, giving you the ability to navigate international business and customs compliance.
- Previous experience overseas on assignment in manufacturing factories and production.
- Apparel experience in personalization and customization