COMPANY Minneapolis is a nonprofit organization founded in 1891 as a member of the national COMPANY, the oldest and largest multicultural organization in the world. We share a common vision for peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all people. More than 30,000 people in our community are served every year by the COMPANY of Minneapolis, through hundreds of programs, classes and workshops.
COMPANY Minneapolis strives every day to achieve:
• Race and gender equity
• Economic independence for women
• Respect for diverse cultures
• A place where children and youth thrive
• A community that is vibrant and healthy
This position provides leadership and strategy to the operational activities of the health and wellness departments and overall facility management of COMPANY Minneapolis owned sites. This positon serves as a member of the senior leadership team which sets the direction of the organization.
- Leads the vision and strategy of the Health and Wellness department
- Ensures high quality programs and services are offered and delivered to the health and wellness membership base
- Oversees long-range planning and development of major capital purchasing programs
- Leads the development and oversight of facility construction projects to include development of an appropriate scope of work through design and construction, collaborating with other departments ensuring that work planned meets user needs
- Partners with COMPANY Marketing Director as it pertains to Health and Wellness and the Women's Triathlon to ensure sales and program marketing activities and materials are planned, developed and implemented
- Ensure and maintain the quality of services provided and that goals and strategies are in alignment with the Health and Wellness vision and COMPANY mission and values
- Oversee customer service activities and ensure staff competence in these areas, so as to optimize and sustain profitability, member retention and customer satisfaction
- Review with management team financial activity, operations, and sales to determine changes in programs or operations required
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of operations and programming in the health club industry by actively performing competitive research and analysis to evaluate existing programs as trends and standards change for continuous improvement and innovative opportunities
- Ensure that Health and Wellness financial goals are met
- Ensure that all operational practices are in alignment with Human Resources, Finance and IT standards and procedures
- Establish external community and corporate partnerships that will enhance operations and brand awareness or our mission and goals.
- Monitor building issues at all facilities and ensure that other facility program needs are met
- Oversee health and wellness grant programs and membership scholarship program, including outcomes, budget, timelines, tracking, reporting and deadline for effectiveness and potential areas of improvement
- Develop health and wellness partnerships with local health care providers
- Assist Organization Advancement team with health and wellness related grant reports and applications
Provide Leadership and Supervision:
- Supervises, develops and provides leadership for Health and Wellness site General Managers and Marketing and Systems Manager
- Designs, establishes and maintains an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives
- Ensures compliance of employee health and safety
- Facilitates personally or through subordinates, development activities that aligns with operational or strategic plans and COMPANY mission and values
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer of COMPANY Minneapolis. The incumbent will interact with the senior leadership team, direct reports, board members, committee chairs, COMPANY Managers and Directors and community leaders.
The position requires a grounded, yet visionary professional with a deep commitment to the values of COMPANY Minneapolis with a demonstrated ability to develop and lead high performing teams. In addition, the following is required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in an Operating and leadership role with experience in leading Director-level staff in operations
- Ability to effectively represent the organization and be an ambassador for its mission and programs
- Proven track record in a professional environment
- Ability to work effectively on a collaborative basis with a wide range of constituencies and stakeholders in a diverse community
- Master’s degree and/or additional higher education
- Experience in leading, building and growing an organization. Proven ability to lead, inspire, and serve board members
- The candidate must have a minimum of ten years of successful leadership experience, including budgeting and financial management experience and demonstrate the ability to work with diverse styles, cultures and perspectives. The COMPANY is looking for a leader with an exceptional ability to build strong relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong teambuilding, interpersonal, coaching and decision-making skills.
- Excellent strategic planning and implementation skills.
- Proven skills in leadership, customer service and staff development.
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex financial data from various sources
- Strong interpersonal, oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse styles, cultures and perspectives.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Exhibits ethics, integrity, and values in passionate pursuit of the mission of COMPANY
- Drives for results
- Demonstrates Strategic Agility
- Leverages differences and practice inclusion
- Communicates and provides direction, support, and focus
- Creates engaged, winning teams
- Coaches and develops direct reports
- Collaborates across functions and drives for alignment
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Travel to various sites, events and conferences
ADDITIONAL NOTES: This job description represents the major functions but is not intended to be all-inclusive.