Company is seeking a highly motivated executive to lead analysis of all marketing activities as the Vice President of Marketing Analytics in the Analytics, Research and Insights group (ARI).
Today is perhaps the most exciting time for data and analytics in Company history. Through product and programming enhancements geared directly at the future of entertainment media, along with the recent acquisition of another major audio entertainment leader, Company has more data filling our coffers than ever before. And, the ARI group is right at the center of it all. We're using data in new and innovative ways and constantly exploring new tools and methods to do so. Our mission is to support our organization's capability to compete via smarter, better and faster decisions. We leverage data, research and advanced analytics to amplify & evolve our core business, exploit growth opportunities and foresee risks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to conversion and activation rates, lifetime value, channel analytics from digital to call-center (inbound, outbound, customer care), offer and campaign performance, retention analytics, subscriber forecasting, performance, and general KPIs to measure the overall health of marketing activities and the business as a whole.
This is a significant role in the organization as both the marketing analytics COE lead and representative to all levels of the organization including frequent interaction with top leadership. All lines of business depend on this team for marketing analytics and insights to drive their business forward and foresee risks before they impact the business. The candidate is expected to articulate a vision and deliver against a timeline and blueprint for analytics, and to effectively communicate his/her team's analyses to all levels of the organization. The candidate must also build consensus with internal partners and the senior leadership team to ensure focus is on the appropriate actionable metrics.
- Guide internal strategic direction for marketing analytics and be responsible for optimizing reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Build and oversee team of centralized analytical resources; Ensure team's analysis is clearly and effectively communicated to proper constituents.
- Lead development of new KPIs to gauge the efficacy of all marketing activities.
- Work closely with internal marketing clients (Retention (CRM), Conversion, Streaming, Digital, Call Center Sales, Listener Care, Winback, Re-Acquisition, and Programming) to ensure all analytical needs are being met to inform business strategy and decision making.
- Partner with IT to ensure that data is accessible, readily available and usable for analysis.
- Effectively utilize internal marketing database to gain insight into customer behavior and communication activities. - Respond to multiple ad-hoc requests for information from different user groups.
- Ensure accurate forecasting models are in place for all marketing activities (conversions, trial touches, collections contacts, etc.). - Oversee creation of timely and actionable reports to ensure all data is accessible, accurate and impactful. - Serve as the point person and key liaison for the organization for all analysis of marketing activities.
- Lead a team of approximately 20-25.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer-related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Master's degree or PhD in statistics, business analytics, predictive analytics, economics, MBA, science, or other quantitative focus preferred
- Minimum of 10-15+ years relevant direct/database marketing analytical experience in a leadership position.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to build and execute a vision for continuous improvement of analytical capabilities and efficiency.
- Ability to lead a diverse, highly intellectual team through empowerment, coaching and results orientation.
- A natural intellectual tenacity combined with strong statistical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High project-management acumen with the ability to manage multiple priorities across multiple teams and departments in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and analyze large data sets and make impactful recommendations.
- Ability to transform the information into concise, actionable analysis.
- Experience effectively managing a team of teams.
- Ability to personally collaborate with various user groups under minimum supervision and to foster collaboration in and outside of the team.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a dynamic environment requiring a roll-up-your- sleeves attitude.
- Detail oriented and able to produce accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Team player with excellent work habits and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive leader with the initiative to constantly search for new ways to impact the business and who takes ownership of responsibilities.
- A results-oriented leader with a track record of driving real business impact through analytics.
- Experience in subscription-based business preferred.
- Demonstrated strong relationship-building and communication skills both across an organization and with external partners.
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally, especially with Marketing, IT and Operations teams, successfully influencing others and implementing new strategies and tactics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Required expertise in: SQL, large database platforms (e.g., Teradata, Vertica, Hadoop, Hyperion Essbase / Cognos), Expert Excel, Strong PowerPoint, Microsoft Office products.
- Desired expertise in: Cloud platform solutions (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google), Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning, segmentation (cluster analysis), Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik), Data Science Tools (Python, R, JMP, Weka).