VP of Marketing and Sales
Marketing and Sales
Strategic Technology Partners LLC (STP) has an opportunity for a Vice President of Marketing and Sales based in the Washington D.C. metro area. This position reports to Company owners and is responsible for developing and executing STP’s marketing and sales strategy within the federal information technology (IT) services industry. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of the IT space with specific knowledge in growing a small business within the DOD and/or civilian agencies. The focus will be on growing our business through strategic marketing, identifying growth opportunities, and winning new business. The ideal candidate will have a documented record of exceeding sales and business objectives and a history of driving revenue growth with a strong sense of urgency.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least ten years’ experience marketing and selling IT technical services to the federal government.
- In-depth understanding of federal acquisitions and contracting.
- Executing client sales engagement, including pro-active networking, warm calling, and leveraging existing relationships with multiple contacts within an organization and/or agency.
- Assisting a small business with growth goals and expansion into new agencies.
- Developing and executing strategic marketing plans, sales plans, and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for growth.
- Translating technological capabilities and expertise into clear customer messaging.
- Using CRM systems to launch acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills, both written and oral as well as excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and multitasking skills.
Job Duties Include:
- Develops and recommends marketing materials, target agency communications, and growth strategy to build awareness and achieve corporate growth goals.
- Establishes, maintains, and expands relationships with key strategic customers and partners.
- Assesses customer needs with the ability to develop “go to market” strategies that drive sales and maximize impact.
- Develops and delivers presentations to external customers and potential clients to communicate technical solutions, STP’s approach, expertise, and capabilities.
- Develops marketing and sales plans to achieve sales growth. Monitors and reports actual sales against planned sales.
- Continually implements improvements to the Company’s sales strategies to compete effectively in the federal contracting marketplace.
- Ability to interview, hire, inspire, and manage future sales staff to meet corporate growth goals.
- Meets with key clients, maintains relationships, identifies potential business opportunities, coordinates, and closes deals. Leads negotiations in order to finalize the sale. Maintains communications with customer after the sale to ensure customer satisfaction is high.
- Assists other departments within the organization to prepare technical publications, proposals and end-to-end capture activities.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all activities, promotional materials, and events.
- Performs all duties with integrity and in compliance with all company policies.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Background check and or higher-level security may be required for certain agencies or opportunities.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
It is our policy to abide by all applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of a person's race, religion, color, national origin, genetic information, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our Human Resources department using the contact form on our home page.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws