This position requires strong leadership, management and communication skills in a high tempo real time 24/7/365 operations environment. The position requires the ability to manage a diverse technical staff(s) comprised of both direct reports and matrixed technical engineering/software development resources to resolve technical failure resolution in real time. The position requires excellent collaboration skills across multiple groups in the Engineering organization as well as other departments throughout the company. The position will manage to enterprise configuration and release management process to insure proper turnover documentation, testing and production release coordination.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with other Company groups to achieve high availability enterprise system performance.
- Define and improve operation procedures, processes and systems monitoring.
- Identify operational problems and drive monitoring, alerting and solutions to include recovery and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively communicate to senior and executive management operational status, problem resolution and technical matters.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams on an ad hoc basis.
- Evaluate, recommend and configure the systems monitoring tools.
- Manage incident resolution with internal and partner operations centers.
- Contribute to long-term planning of organizational goals and technical system.
- Participate in technical system testing to ensure operational readiness.
- Ensure that Disaster Recovery procedures and systems are readily available.
- Eventual responsibility for leading a team of 80-100 Engineers.
- Related Bachelor's degree in SE, EE or CS discipline or equivalent experience,
- Minimum of ten years management experience including management of 24/7/365 critical operations
- Minimum of ten years-experience managing people with five managing senior staff.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Proven skills to define and improve operation procedures and processes.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work other operation groups and vendors for troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with a managing trouble tickets.
- Developed problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Excellent project management ability: planning, estimating, scheduling, risk and resource management, analytical ability, management skills, and strong critical thinking.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).