The Vice President of Operations - Manufacturing & Fulfillment will be responsible for satisfying customers’ manufacturing (primarily but not limited to 3D printing) and fulfillment needs. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial and results-oriented operations executive to capitalize on Company’ strong reputation in the industry and to build and scale a high performing global manufacturing and fulfillment team.
This role will drive Company global manufacturing and fulfillment strategy and operations; aggressively, efficiently and continuously develop/evolve our services in this emerging industry; and, provide strong operations leadership. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
As the VP of Operations - Manufacturing & Fulfilment you will:
- Create a world class, high performing manufacturing and fulfillment team.
- Provide Safety, Health, and Environmental Leadership
- Responsible for designing, implementing and managing a comprehensive QA program
- Champion a continuous improvement philosophy by initiating appropriate action to meet or exceed business goals
- Develop and sustain Quality, Delivery and Costs excellence as recognized by customers and supportive of the Company’s business objectives.
- Envision and evolve the Company’s manufacturing and fulfillment model from “one size fits all” marketplace to market leading, multi-channel (i.e. Managed Accounts/MSEs, big brands/OEMs, Storefronts) operation.
- Establish, and report on annual and quarterly basis, revenue (shipped), cost of goods sold (COGS) and gross margin objectives aligned with the Company’s business objectives.
- Working with the commercial, product and finance teams, develop a robust demand management and capacity planning capability.
- Working with VP Operations - Partners and Technologies, successfully on-board new technologies, partners and solutions.
- Create excellent collaboration between commercial, product, finance and operations teams.
- Be a respected leader across the company as the voice of the large customer, but also of the Company team to build our business
You might be a good fit if you are/have:
- 10+ years successfully developing and leading world-class manufacturing and fulfillment organizations.
- Directly related experience in additive manufacturing, mass customization, end-use products, and fulfillment solutions.
- Equally comfortable and effective in the strategic, as well as, "sleeves-rolled-up" tactical and detailed domains.
- The capacity to formulate a compelling manufacturing and fulfillment strategy for the organization and translate that strategy into compelling messages that the team can understand and execute
- Proven track record leading manufacturing and fulfillment in a high growth, global environment.
- Strong track record of success leveraging LEAN, 6 sigma, TQM/TPM and other relevant operations tools.
- An approachable, collaborative, and inspirational doer with exceptional ethical standards
- Curiosity to embrace complex concepts and the obsession to simplify them
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and can have a few laughs in the process
- Education: Bachelor/Master of engineering or related