Enterprise Platforms: Building the platform for speed and innovation at AXP.
We are on a mission to dramatically improve speed to market and unleash innovation at Amex by:
- Reimagining solution development with next gen product management, agile prioritization, and on-demand development;
- Driving a flexible platform strategy that adapts to AXP growth and industry trends;
- Building global, composable, and real time platforms to power our digital lives while -
- Delivering seamless customer experiences powered by world-class software products.
Are you passionate about new technology and new ways of working Do you like to solve complex problems and build productive partnerships The Platform Strategy team develops and tests new operating models, assesses capability gaps, overlaps and dependencies across platforms, and evaluates industry trends to foster innovation and dramatically increase agility and efficiency.
The VP, Cross-Platform Strategy will build and lead a multi-dimensional team that develops and executes thoughtful strategy to link people, process, and technology to inspired outcomes.
As the VP, Cross-Platform Strategy you will:
- Define and lead enterprise transformation initiatives across Product and Engineering teams, including scaling Inner Source adoption, building and piloting processes to harmonize platform and product roadmaps, and developing new software development operating models.
- Build and maintain a customer-centric capability map to provide insights into customer journeys and evolving product needs.
- Monitor market and technology trends to identify capability gaps and emerging needs.
- Develop buy vs. build analyses, needs assessments, and write white papers on the use cases for emerging technologies.
- Define the evolving strategy, approach, end to end plan, and resourcing needs over the lifecycle of a portfolio of strategic initiatives.
- Challenge the status quo and solve problems creatively; using your toolbox of techniques such as Design Thinking, scenario modeling, use case development, journey mapping, maturity models, etc.
- Lead through influence, often without direct authority, persuading with compelling data, facts, and conclusions.
- Manage executive and senior management communications and engagement.
- Collaborate effectively and build key relationships with Product, Engineering, Architecture, and Strategy teams to identify and manage dependencies across organizations.
- Hire, develop, and engage a diverse, high performing and motivated team.
- Help build an awesome culture across Enterprise Platforms through team building and colleague engagement activities.
- Strong knowledge of the payments and technology space; at least five years’ experience in the Financial Services industry in a Product or Engineering role.
- At least five years’ experience in Strategy, Transformation, and/or Tech Strategy roles; including previous management consulting experience.
- Ability to influence without authority at senior leader level and demonstrated track record for driving results and transformation across multiple lines of business.
- Ability to connect seemingly separate conversations, internal and external data, and primary research to identify opportunities or manage against potential risks or business challenges.
- High comfort level with ambiguity, white space, and evolving priorities.
- Experience with customer-centric design (eg. Design Thinking), customer journey and capability mapping, use case development, external benchmarking, and other consulting methodologies.
- Expert change management, communications, and project management skills with proven record of successfully leading and implementing complex, large-scale, cross-functional initiatives to drive transformation at scale.
- Familiarity with Agile and SAFe methodologies; software product development, engineering, and/or business and technical architecture disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to build and motivate a diverse team.
- MBA or equivalent and previous management consulting experience required.