The Vice President, Public Affairs and Advocacy is responsible for working with senior leadership to develop the institution 's strategic plan for public policy, government relations, community engagement, and corporate advocacy. This position works with government officials and agencies, and develops and maintains strong legislative and meaningful public relationships at the local, state, and federal levels, as well as a proactive program to advocate for mission-related issues and to preserve and enhance government-funding opportunities. It also provides strategic management and guidance related to external affairs including employee involvement and corporate support related to government, business, community, and trade association engagement. This position is responsible for compliance by COMPANY and its affiliates with all local, state and federal laws pertaining to lobbying and electioneering. The Vice President is dedicated to representing the institution, creating awareness, building relationships, and generating support for Company and its related organizations. This position reports to and collaborates with the Executive Vice President & General Counsel in setting the direction of the office of Public Affairs and Advocacy.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Public Affairs/Government Relations
- Serves as the primary liaison with Local, State, Federal governments, working directly with elected and appointed officials and their staff members to build and foster positive relationships for Company and its related organizations (collectively, 'COMPANY ').
- Monitors and maintains a high degree of awareness of laws, regulations, pending legislation and ballot initiatives, as well as political, economic, and social trends and changes that may affect or potentially impact COMPANY.
- Develops government relations strategy with other relevant stakeholders and serves as primary liaison between COMPANY subject matter experts and lobbyists throughout the legislative process.
- Represents COMPANY 's interests to policymakers, trade associations, and external policy forums, to ensure that COMPANY 's profile is maximized.
- Coordinates institutional use of legislative and policy tracking tools.
- Serves as liaison with lobbying firms engaged by COMPANY, including managing contracts, directing their scope of work and individual projects, and evaluating return on investment as registered lobbyists on behalf of COMPANY.
- Supports senior leadership with technical assistance and access to influencers to support strategic initiatives.
- Files lobbying reports for municipal, state and federal engagement, registers and un-registers COMPANY lobbyists and ensures protocols for engagement are strictly adhered to.
- Acts as advisor to the CEO and other members of the executive team on public policy issues and develops recommendations for organizational position and strategies related to local, state, and federal legislative and community matters.
- Develops strategies to determine community needs and actionable areas of focus.
- Develops the annual outreach strategy to support capital projects.
- Identifies and leverages existing relationships to enrich outreach strategy.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders, sharing information and promoting community engagement.
- Engages with elected officials and community leaders to advance the outreach strategy.
- Participates in business and non-profit groups to increase visibility of COMPANY and to develop partnerships.
- Identifies opportunities for local, federal and state support of institutional funding needs.
- Creates partnerships and coalitions to advance the organization 's goals.
- Oversees COMPANY external corporate giving and external charitable event participation as well as memberships to professional, business and social service organizations.
- Determines and develops communication deliverables with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors local, state-wide, industry, and national publications for issues relevant to COMPANY.
- Integrates with other COMPANY stakeholders to ensure message and program alignment and process consistency.
- Works collaboratively with Marketing & Communications and with the Foundation to determine respective areas of responsibility, develop and implement comprehensive community relations, and to work together as needed to maximize communications and engagement with stakeholders.
- Facilitates and maintains strong, productive relationships with COMPANY 's strategic partners and community partners.
- Identifies and facilitates opportunities for COMPANY 's senior leadership to participate on community boards and organizations.
- Responsible for the development of position papers and fact sheets related to current and emerging issues.
- Coordinates responses to public comment requests on proposed rules, legislation, pilot programs, RFIs, from state and federal governments.
- Develops content for social media platforms, website and publications.
- Prepares expert testimony for government hearings and stakeholder meetings.
- Serves on task forces and committees as requested by the EVP & General Counsel.
- Provides executive leadership to the department, ensuring team members receive appropriate education, development and mentoring. Provides appropriate talent management and succession planning. Supervises the assignments, performance and productivity of department staff.
- Develops and manages the budget for Public Affairs and Advocacy.
Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.