Company, a leading national strategic communications firm, is seeking a Vice President to help our rapidly growing Cities practice meet a wide range of communications goals for our economic, development, real estate, architecture and design clients who are shaping the future of cities in New York and beyond.
The position is ideal for candidates with 6+ years of relevant experience in strategic communications, journalism, real estate, and government. Excellent writing skills and media relations experience are a must. The position is based in New York.
This position provides candidates with a unique opportunity to join a talented and growing team working on some of the most high-profile development projects and urban planning initiatives of our time. Clients in Company’s growing Cities practice include Two Trees Management, Brookfield Properties, SL Green, TWA Hotel, The Public Theater, The Durst Organization, Santiago Calatrava and Vishaan Chakrabarti.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Developing the strategy and campaign planning for multiple high-profile client accounts while managing junior team members responsible for strategy implementation
- Managing relationships with key reporters and advising other staff on the best way to engage with relevant beat reporters
- Writing and editing persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
- Actively supporting business development
Applicants should possess:
- 7+ years of experience with 3+ years of demonstrated staff management experience working in a team to meet group objectives
- Familiarity and interest in smart cities, urban planning/design, and local development politics
- Demonstrated relationships with reporters at top-tier outlets, including real estate and architecture reporters and editors
- Baseline knowledge of real estate industry and/or land use frameworks, expertise in NYC a plus
- Experience interfacing with corporate and not-for-profit executives and/or principals on daily basis
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, et al
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in a communications- or policy-related field
- A sense of humor!