The VP of Retail is responsible for the design, planning, scaling, and execution of all of StockX’s retail store operations, from inception through delivery. This position will take the primary leadership role in all retail developments, helping identify and assess risk, and managing expectations around cost, schedule, quality, and feasibility to ensure the decisions made in concept become reality. The VP, Retail will also provide strategic leadership, direction, management, and vision to ensure the overall successful delivery and operation of each retail project.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish an overall retail program for StockX.
- Provides strategic direction and thought leadership for retail development and operation.
- Completes retail operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Ensures sales and profit objectives are met. Motivates and leads the retail team to optimize performance and drive results.
- Provides leadership and direction to retail management and associates.
- Develops a budget for retail operations in cooperation with senior leadership.
- Works closely with the Ops team on retail business modeling in order to appropriately forecast investment/spend tracking.
- Partners with Brand Activation for retail marketing and communication initiatives.
- Develops productive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure seamless execution of key retail-led initiatives.
- Provides the marketing and leadership team with summary reports of retail performance and recommendations for future opportunities.
- Develop policies and procedures for all retail locations and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
- 10+ years of relevant retail experience preferred
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Experience working for and scaling early-stage consumer retail businesses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of retail operations
- Proven ability to drive process improvements across all areas managed
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to facilitate growth and expansion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Willingness to travel to various retail locations when required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.