Company is a specialty CRO that utilizes a broad expertise across Women’s Health research with adaptive design and adaptive operational capabilities to deliver medicines and diagnostics of value to women worldwide. We are seeking a Vice President of Sales and Marketing who will provide senior oversite on all business development and marketing activities and projects.
- Responsible for the development and execution of sales plans and strategies to achieve the company’s sales goals as a manager of the sales organization and as a direct contributor.
- Develop and execute sales plans and initiatives that support, both short and long range, profitability and revenue objectives of organization as laid out in the strategic and operating planning processes
- Reviews analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to monitor progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Manage small lead generation and sales team focused on obtaining business and providing a world-class customer experience
- Research and pursue prospective accounts in company’s target markets and foster an ongoing pipeline of business opportunities through new and established relationships
- Identify client needs and develop creative solutions for projects, leveraging expertise, operational capabilities and technologies
- Ensure accuracy of sales forecasting for the annual budgeting process and manage throughout the year to ensure budget and profitability targets are met or exceeded
- Collaborate with other departments to achieve corporate goals
- New customer acquisition while managing customer portfolio to secure and expand business
- Provide input on large or complex ongoing projects to ensure quality, delivery and ongoing customer experience
- Review all proposals for pricing and content and handle contract negotiations with clients
- Provide guidance on operational strategy sessions to develop value added proposals and responses to RFPs
- Attend trade shows and conferences to share our message, market our brand, and build partnerships
The successful candidate will hold an MBA or Masters degree and 8 years of business development role in the CRO and/or Biopharma industry, diagnostics and medical device experience is a plus. Proven revenue generation along with strong negotiation skills and closing business deals. Previous strategy and management experience and strong leadership capabilities is essential. Ability to travel at least 50 percent.