GREAT LAKES ESSENTIAL POWER
VP OF SALES & MARKETING
Are you a highly driven and strategic sales leader who values doing the right thing and finds joy in the successes of others? Do you enjoy solving problems, creating pathways, and building relationships? If you enjoy new challenges, believe complacency is not an option, and are hungry for growth and success, we want to talk to you!
Our ideal VP of Sales & Marketing is:
- Friendly, organized, hardworking, and humble
- Family-oriented, empathetic, and receptive to feedback
- Focused on the big picture, but willing to jump in and get it done
- An excellent communicator and an active listener
- Process-focused, goal-oriented, and numbers-driven
- Skilled at dealing with a broad spectrum of clients
Our culture values a willingness to work hard, have fun, and take risks while innovating the marketplace. We are seeking a business-savvy sales leader with construction industry experience, who enjoys coaching, mentoring, motivating, and training their team, but is also skilled at holding themselves and others accountable. Our ideal VP of Sales & Marketing is not a complainer, easily offended, or averse to asking for help. This individual will appreciate sarcasm, have a strong sense of humor, and care deeply about the people they work with every day. If you are open to learning and also enjoy setting goals, developing the strategy, managing the team, and talking to people at every level, apply now and join our growing team!
The job responsibilities of this VP of Sales & Marketing include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, manage, and hold the sales team accountable (6 sales engineers and 1 quotation specialist)
- Develop and set sales goals and strategy to drive revenue and increase market share
- Inspire and motivate sales team through reward, recognition, performance management, and tough conversations
- Create and implement a sales training structure/process
- Actively manage the sales team hiring process, including recruiting and training
- Conduct in-field ride-along sessions; provide ongoing feedback, guidance, and coaching
- Liaison between salespeople and vendors to clear obstacles and solve problems
- Develop a marketing strategy: effectively integrate with sales for lead generation, website development, and driving the identification of new vendors and territories
- Develop a framework/system for building and maintaining key customer relationships, collaborate with the team throughout the customer journey, and engage with customers when necessary
- Drive implementation of the CRM system to effectively collect and track data
- Manage internal and external vendor relationships
- Embrace EOS® -- weekly L10 meetings, quarterly planning, rocks/goals, and be a part of the SLT weekly L10 meetings
- 5+ years’ experience as a sales leader
- 5+ years’ experience managing a team of direct reports
- Experience training and coaching salespeople
- Experience selling in a complex technical sales environment
- Experience selling through a channel
- Marketing experience (direct accountability not required)
- New business development experience
- Willing to live in Michigan and work out of the office as needed
- 4-year degree
- 10+ years’ experience as sales leader
- Experience creating and implementing a sales process
- Career stability (5+ years at 1 job within last 10 years)
- Electrical industry experience
- Construction trades industry experience
- Minimum of 5+ direct reports
- Experience managing outside vendors
- OEM sales experience
This VP of Sales & Marketing will be required to live in Michigan and work out of the Madison Heights office on a regular basis, as needed.
Regular travel is required within the Great Lakes Region.
THE COMPANY – GREAT LAKES ESSENTIAL POWER
At Great Lakes Essential Power (GLEP), we design timely, profitable, and accurate electrical distribution and control solutions for the Great Lakes Region. GLEP customizes solutions for our industrial, OEM, distribution, and electrical/general contractor partners through design-assist and value engineering. With over 70 years of electrical distribution sales experience, our team specializes in providing turnkey solutions for any size project in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio, as a representative of the majority of ABB Electrification business units.
WHY GREAT LAKES ESSENTIAL POWER?
GLEP stands out because of our culture and core values:
- Genuine Respect – Support and care for those who touch our lives.
- Relationship 1st – We cannot succeed without the efforts of others.
- Hunger for Growth & Learning – Stay hungry, stay curious, and continuously strive for growth in all aspects of life.
- Purposeful & Strategic Action – Intentional, purposeful steps ahead.
- Enjoy the Journey – We are here to have fun and enjoy the ride.
- Company runs on and is fully committed to EOS® (Entrepreneurial Operating System)
- Powering the unchartered path to improve the world around us
- Spontaneous, open-minded, team players in a family-oriented environment
- Employees are highly motivated to succeed and willing to support others’ success
- Always something new to learn with extensive training resources
- Represent some of the most respected companies in the world, such as ABB Electrification
- Work with people who genuinely care and want to do the work they are doing
- Client relationships are built on mutual respect
- Company-sponsored community events, social engagements, birthday lunches, etc.
- Client Engagement Center with a Kegerator, golf simulator, shuffleboard, and more!
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of something big, by building, making change, and impacting the business!
Salary range: $100k-$140k plus performance bonus
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with match, LTD, life insurance, AD&D