In an effort to better serve our customers in the rapidly changing media and advertising environment, Company has embarked on an exciting mission to super-serve our leading advertisers. Our mission is to be an integral resource to marketers helping advertisers and brands build their business by: connecting them with Company’s premier content in news, sports, technology, gaming, and entertainment; connecting them to Company’s highly-engaged audiences and to the company’s marquee tentpole events (Grammy’s, The Master’s, E3, etc.) throughout the year in measurable and meaningful ways.
The VP will work actively with relevant Company divisions and will gain extensive exposure to the company’s ad sales structure and methods of conducting business. The VP will examine issues and business ideas from a strategic, competitive and financial perspective. The VP will see themselves as a solution provider to a dynamic "client base" comprising both low-share and zero-share accounts.
While a sales position, the role is consultative in nature and requires regular interaction and dialogue with senior level client decision makers leveraging research, insights, data and other relevant information to accomplish Company’ss mission. This role is currently configured as an individual contributor role that will ultimately be given significant opportunities for growth. The VP should expect to take on additional responsibilities (building a team) with demonstrated performance.
- Work in conjunction with the EVP and SVPs of sales to identify, evaluate, and execute on opportunities to drive top and bottom line revenue across the Company portfolio. Direct report into EVP Global Digital Sales.
- Work closely with various Company stakeholders in the assessment of top customer objections and existing paradigms that are preventing potential clients from investing in Company assets and help in the creation of compelling business cases to use across categories/clients that are not active (or are under-active) with the company.
- Develop and execute a sales strategy; building target lists, owning client outreach, then crafting and delivering executive-level sales presentations.
- Work closely with direct reports and integrated marketing in the assessment of top customer objections, industry myths and existing paradigms that are preventing potential clients from investing Company and help in creation of compelling business cases to use across categories/clients that are not active.
- Leverage digital, mobile, and experiential capabilities to build compelling and strategic multi-platform campaigns for advertising partners.
- Network and collaborate with peers within Company to ensure the company is leveraging best practices, corporate-wide deals and broader strategic initiatives.
- Work with other Company divisions (and content creators, producers - where appropriate) to build media plan solutions, custom content, and big ideas that drive consumer sales for brands, as well as with agency partners to bring clients to market for Company.
- Build a pipeline, track sales revenue and establish a regular cadence for reporting progress to ad sales leadership
- Gain in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses and competitive categories
You have –
- Bachelor’s Degree required and a minimum of 10 years of sales experience working with clients, advertising agencies/media-buying services and process involved in bringing clients to market across multiple media.
- Expansive sales experience and relationships working directly with high-level decision makers such as CMO’s, SVP’s and VP’s of Marketing, Brand Managers.
- Must bring unique strengths in the areas of strategic thinking, analytical capability coupled with business strategy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must bring exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Well organized, disciplined and detail-oriented.
- Extensive track record of hitting and exceeding sales goals
You might also have –
- Experience working directly with client brand teams in key categories
- Comfortable working horizontally across different categories, clients, internal teams
- Expertise with consumer research
- Strong presentation and client engagement skills
- Interest and passion in training others and building knowledge across the organization
- Strong thinker who can transform copious data into knowledge
- Experience managing/matrix managing sales teams