The VP of Strategic Clients is a confident leader with an advisory/consulting bent, who builds and maintains trusted executive relationships with strategically important large accounts. This executive will manage a Book of Business from 2-8 accounts with revenue in the range of $65 to 105M and is accountable for the achievement of target financial objectives (growth, retention, cost) and the development & execution of client partnership strategies. This position is the single point of contact responsible for specific internal and external oversight for assigned clients; it serves as the point of escalation for both client and internal COMPANY areas.
Key focus areas: strategic account planning, retention and growth, accountability for defining and owning tactical and strategic account plans and deployment of across the Company Healthcare enterprise to include:
- Driving growth of assigned accounts based on the financials contained in the three-year Long Range Plan.
- Supporting COMPANY verticals, finance and marketing in the development and articulation of the “value stories” across the COMPANY portfolio. Ensures the incremental value is well-defined for each client as befits their current needs and profile by working the generic value calculations into client specific ones.
- Single point of contact responsible for specific internal and external oversight of payer market channel for Company Healthcare's payer products and solutions with overall client growth, relationship management and satisfaction as the key objectives.
- Is the voice of the client within COMPANY to ensure the client receives the appropriate amount of attention and added value. Develops long-term relationships with assigned clients, building and nurturing relationships with key business executives and stakeholders.
- Facilitates the meeting of the key leader counterparts to deepen the overall relationship. Involves COMPANY resources from the SLT to service delivery teams as needed to problem solve, collaborate and/or otherwise ensure client performance objectives and expectations are met.Becomes an expert on the client's business in the context of the overall health care industry. Understands how the client differentiates itself in markets and creates client specific value and how the COMPANY portfolio can support/maximize their differentiation.
- Oversees regular joint strategic account planning and business reviews (roadmaps, innovation, etc.) and tactical activities (governance, performance objectives, critical milestones) to ensure client needs and expectations are met.
- Proactively and continually assesses, clarifies and validates short term needs and long-term client objectives. Directs client to solution development efforts to address client needs.
- A minimum of 4 years in a client, strategic partner or supplier facing role
- 5-10 years of experience working with large managed care organizations or large enterprise wide healthcare software systems
- Functional understanding of health plan financials (P&L, ALR, MLR, etc. components and drivers)
- At least 5 years of value-based consulting in a market/customer facing role such as strategic account management or strategic consulting in healthcare payer business, healthcare technology products and services business or healthcare payer operations, and a proven ability to achieve growth, retention and cost targets.
- Multi-year health plan (payer) multifunction operational management with responsibility for aspects of key financials (P&Ls, ALR, MLR) preferred
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership in Healthcare across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to senior health plan leadership and decision makers
- Understanding of complex sales cycles at strategic level and knowledgeable about the health care industry technology/software solutions
- Adaptive, collaborative, expedient and driven
- Customer centric with the ability to adjust plans and actions to meet changing market and/or customer needs as well as to develop and deploy the strategy that drives customer partnership, revenue growth and retention
- Candidates need a high degree confidence for the autonomy, energy, flexibility and drive required to influence customers and COMPANY partners
- Candidates who are highly motivated by stretch goals will excel in this role
- 4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience. Masters preferred