You as the Unified Workspace Vice President will have main responsibility for technology through leading Engineering and Delivery of Digital Workplace products to the global colleague base.
Unified Workspace is a part of the larger Digital Workplace organization. Digital Workplace is the combination of digital, cultural and physical elements that supercharge colleagues’ ability to do phenomenal work in a complex, dynamic, and often unstructured working environment.
What is Amex’s objective for a digital workplace
Our Vision is to provide the world’s best colleague experience: Wherever. Whenever. Every single day.
Our Mission is to empower the workforce with outstanding technology
Demonstrated by A Digital Workplace that exceeds the usability, performance, stability and innovation of customer facing experiences that is Predictive, Personalized and Abstracted
Our Outcomes are to Cut Time to Value Generation, Establish an Aspirational Workplace and Optimize Internal Efficiency
Unified Workspace serves ways in which our colleagues and partners use technology to gain access to and interact with Company data, capabilities, and applications by working towards the following strategic statements:
- Provide a streamlined set of integrated device, app and user management functions across all corporate workspaces, enabling the quick and efficient delivery of impactful, evergreen IT capabilities and services.
- An OS and device-agnostic experience that provides the data and applications our colleagues need anywhere, on any network. Enables productivity in a manner that suits the individual without compromising the company’s compliance needs.
- Security that extends beyond the boundaries of the corporate environment to give our users appropriate, location-aware access to their workspaces, apps and data from any device over any compliance requirements of Company.
- All colleague-facing applications are architected in such a way that they do not require installation, nor do they have a dependency on either operating system or device type.
Aligning to the Company Framework for Winning, we will
- Focus on the customer as a platform for growth
- Bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Develop products and services to meet emerging needs of customers
- Craft the most seamless and secure digital experience for customers
- Set “THE” standard for customer experience
- Attract and engage the best colleagues in the industry
- Maintain safe and sound business practices, consistent with regulatory expectations
Who You Are:
- Creative, passionate and experienced leader of both people and technology
- Provides consultation and support for all Digital Workplace initiatives in market and be an evangelist for technology
- Excited to participate evolving and driving Digital Workplace tools and services strategy
- Team Management savvy (e.g., planning, budgetary control, people management, vendor management, etc.)
- Knowledgeable and capable in all things Digital Workplace such as:
- Tools and deployments including the adoption methodologies required for large global enterprise environments
- Infrastructure, specifically in distributed systems (Windows, Mac OS, Linux), networks, and storage
- Mobile MDM (mobileIron, VmWare, blackberry) and MAM technologies (Blackberry, Microsoft, VmWare)
- Virtualization technologies (VmWare Horizon/Workspace One, Citrix XenDesktop, AppSense)
- EndPoint Security including Symantec, McAfee, Crowdstrike, Digital Guardian
- Software distribution across operating systems (including SCCM, JAMF, App Volumes)
- Enterprise-scale experience with communications (telecom, VoIP, SIP), collaboration (conferencing, chat, social, video) and productivity tools (Web, document management, search).
- Browser technologies and desktop middleware (Java, .Net, flash, Silverlight)
- Experienced with running 30k plus seat enterprise
- Understanding of network architecture, third party connectivity and active directory.
- Responsible for end user engagement/feedback/escalations on behalf of Digital Workplace (customer happiness, net promoter, etc.)
- Engaging with a positive leadership presence on campus also followership among the technology community
- Well versed in AGILE methodologies and Program Management methods
- Nurturing existing and new talent for growth opportunities in both technical and leadership roles
- Confident in influencing other technical leaders as well as business partners
- Educated with a preference on a technical degree
- Flexible to travel on a limited basis.