At Company Enterprise Architecture, our mission is to further the technology strategy of Company Technology development teams. This includes a diligent inventory of our technology assets as well as automated tooling to ensure that our software is designed, built and deployed to deliver the highest reliability and functionality to the business. We contribute to shaping the long-term technological vision for Company by giving teams the tools, blueprints, and structure to consistently create great software using the latest enterprise design patterns and principles.
As the Vice President of Tools and Governance within Enterprise Architecture, you will be responsible for developing tools which allow engineers to design and deliver better software. You will identify standards and policies that encourage building world-class software at Company, and lead with empathy in making sure those policies are light-touch and accelerate our development teams rather than restrict them. You will work to ensure teams have modern, RESTful APIs in place to reduce team engagements, carry on our Continuous Architecture real-time health check program - COACH, work to get Open Source tools into our engineers’ hands as quickly as possible, champion external open source contributions that demonstrate to the outside world Company’ technical talent, and serve as a technical leader among the development community at large.
- Lead the transformation of Amex Architecture Governance processes to align with Agile development
- Own and contribute to design pattern standards into the Enterprise Building Code and building tools which automate the measurement of platform conformance
- Help with implementation of software design strategy across multiple platforms
- Continue the evolution of Central, the common software asset tracking program
- Continue the evolution of Continuous Architecture platform health check program (COACH)
- Deliver tooling that automates open source ingestion and consumption whenever possible while protecting Company’ brand and intellectual property
- Experience with best practices in modern distributed system design for availability, scalability, reliability and performance
- Understanding of containerization technologies including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Technical expert and self-starter in ideation, design and learning.
- Strong communicator with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Proven success in, and genuine enthusiasm for, working directly with technical teams to empower them through mentorship and training
- Strong “hands on” experience with modern API technology and design.
- Passion for staying on top of tech trends and best practices by experimenting with and learning new technologies.
- Proven ability to develop highly technical engineering solutions.
- The ability to attract and retain a technical team.
- 7+ years IT experience with at least 3 years of experience leading and building teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.