The VP of Wholesale provides a proven sales leader the opportunity to manage a significant percentage of a rapidly growing consumer goods company. This role is responsible for overseeing a team of Sales Account Managers calling on businesses in the mattress & furniture industry, department stores, pharmacies, trucking industry, medical equipment distribution, and other consumer goods retail to meet the revenue and margin goals established and guided by the Chief Retail Officer. Additionally, this role oversees a Field Training team that coaches retail associates on our products and inspect store sites. Beyond management, this role also includes P/L responsibilities and a highly strategic mind that can solve issues creatively and adapt to changing circumstances while still managing toward goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build an adaptive wholesale growth strategy for all product lines. Collaborate with production, fulfillment, category management, and other sales channels to determine best options that drive revenue, margin, and brand position within the wholesale department and within the plan developed by the Chief Retail Officer.
- Lead and support a team of National Sales Managers overseeing wholesale partnerships.
- Guide the Wholesale Operations Manager to building additional reporting capabilities for the sales team and to improve efficiencies in the department.
- Guide the Field Training Manager to building strong, brand-approved, sales training for onsite meetings with wholesale partners’ store associates.
- Oversee and negotiate sales agreements for new and existing accounts and ensure accurate management to the agreements by all departments within Company.
- Maintain reporting for SOX compliance.
- Possess an eye for detail and the ability to set priorities and organize tasks to completion.
- Able to manage workload, have the ability to see what needs to be accomplished, create plans to efficiently meet immediate and future needs.
- Collaborate new product introductions into wholesale partners through the National Sales Managers and with the guidance of the Brand and Category Management Teams.
- Collaborate with the Brand and Creative departments to update and improve Company’s in-store displays in wholesale partners’ stores. Own the creation of beautiful branded displays.
- Increase sales in existing wholesale doors.
- Travel to partners’ corporate offices and make store visits around the nation. Expect travel to up to 60% of a month.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor and or Associate degree in Business, or other related field preferred
- 10+ years experience in sales management, P/L, and sales preferred
- Wholesale experience and executive-level relationships in the furniture and/or mattress industry strongly preferred
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work independently as well as in groups.
- Creative thinker that is able to collaborate while developing new plans, processes and solutions.
- Passionate about wholesale expansion and support strategies
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Good understanding of brand building through wholesale partners.
- Able to generate new ideas and creative solutions with a hands-on mentality.