If you like to work with people in a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provide unequaled personal service to every customer, consider a career with Bell Bank.
Founded in 1966 in Fargo, North Dakota, Bell Bank has grown to become one of the nation’s largest independently owned banks, with more than $6 billion in assets and full-service banking locations in Arizona, North Dakota and Minnesota. Bell has empowered more than $14 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top bank and a top financial workplace by American Banker, Forbes, Fortune and the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Bell has also received a Community Impact award from the Minneapolis-St Paul Business Journal and was recognized as a Progress Minnesota honoree by Finance & Commerce.
If you want to work for a strong, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
* Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
* Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
* “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
This position provides specialized consultative services to plan sponsors in order to design and effectively implement retirement plans in accordance with ERISA requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, working with plan sponsors to determine plan document requirements, implementation of administrative service agreement (ASA), development of educational plans for participants and assisting plan sponsors with compliance requirements.
Working independently, this position oversees and directs plan activity for the administration of assigned retirement plans and typically handles low to moderately complex accounts. This position works to identify and resolve moderately complex problems or inquiries and may partner with their team and/or SVP of Retirement Department on more complex issues.
This position will cross-sell other bank products and provide referrals to other areas of the bank as appropriate.
* Responsibilities Related to Plan Sponsor Service:
o Primary responsibility for all communications with plan sponsor.
o Provide consultative advice including but not limited to:
* Review and interpret year-end testing.
* Review plan investment options ensuring compliance with investment policy.
* Review and suggest ASA changes as needed.
* Provide advice on plan design and administration.
* Assist plan sponsors with improving enrollment and education of participants.
o Submit plan documents/ASA/other governing document changes to RSC completion.
o Initiate and manage fund swap communications and process.
o In conjunction with RSC, prepare and/or distribute plan sponsor and/or participant communications that are per plan one-offs rather than mass communications.
o Disburse applicable notices and disclosures to plan sponsors that are one-offs by plan.
o Create and deliver report cards.
o Identify key decision makers’ birth dates, anniversaries and entertaining opportunities
* Responsibilities Related to Participant Service:
o Perform participant meetings in accordance with plan sponsor education design including but not limited to:
* Participant Meetings:
o Prepare PowerPoint presentations.
o Conduct meetings (group, WebEx, and one-on-one):
* Plan features,
* Investment options,
* Investment education,
* Miscellaneous follow-up.
* Responsibilities Related to Plan Technical Requirements:
o Review received year-end compliance questionnaires.
o Review completed compliance testing package with RSC as available.
o Review and coordinate with plan sponsor, RSC and Newport Group and/or external auditor, as applicable, on:
* Completed 5500 including electronic signature and notification of successful filing.
* Signature-ready Form 8955-SSA.
* 5330 for late contributions, if applicable.
* Coordinate direct retirement plan sales opportunities in the Minneapolis market.
* Know, understand, and live the company values and bottom line.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Required:
* Minimum 5-7 years of relationship management, related sales, marketing or portfolio management experience.
* Strong retirement industry knowledge.
* Proven success in relationship building.
* Extensive ERISA knowledge.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to navigate DST Trac system
* Currently hold one of the following designations, with a second designation achieved two years of attaining this position:
o Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA),
o Certified Retirement Services Professional (CRSP), or
o Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
Bell Bank provides competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Family | Atmosphere | Unequaled Personal Service | Pay It Forward
Vice President (General)