Reporting directly to the Global CTO, the Vice President of Engineering is a highly visible role that will oversee all of the software development efforts of a key brand at Endurance - Bluehost. As a core member of the global Product Delivery Leadership Team, this person is expected to also be a strategic thinker and be well versed with emerging technologies and industry trends.
Exceptional software development is a leading reason why Endurance International Group is an industry leader in helping small businesses succeed online. Utilizing a strong aptitude for energizing and managing people, a successful candidate will have a take-charge personality and be willing to roll up his or her sleeves to get the job done.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Instill and drive a delivery-focused culture while promoting a fun, hardworking workplace environment
● Drive recruiting and the professional development of developers on team
● Help teams scope and create project plans around key business initiatives
● Reinforce developmental best practices for quality assurance and deployment
● Verify that systems and practices are compliant to internal and external specifications
● Jointly own the development and execution of EIG’s target state architectures and team structure, working closely with the business and tech leadership.
● Create, implement, and document strategic architecture vision and tactical directions for engineering teams.
● Establish strong working relationships with senior business, operations and technology leaders in the capacity of a trusted advisor.
● Engage business and process owners and lead the collaborative planning effort to leverage emerging technologies for addressing strategic enterprise goals.
● Establish data management strategies and policies in conjunction with various functional teams.
● Collaborate with the divisional financial officers to monitor budget forecasting and variance and ensure overall operations and projects are on track and within budget.
● Recruit, retain and build teams across various technology functions
● Manage engineering & development organization for global projects across various technologies.
● Create and implement team's annual deliverables/objectives, performance goals, and empower them to deliver on EIG’s strategic priorities and objectives.
● Promote teamwork and leadership behaviors within own group, other peer groups, and across EIG.
● Conduct and lead applicable governance and project status review meetings.
● Create a collaborative partnership among executive leaders and portfolio stakeholders
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; 15 years of experience leading and inspiring large teams, with demonstrated ability to work across a global matrix; with ability to put strong communication, leadership and influencing skills to work.
● Proven experience in a senior leadership role managing product portfolios across multiple geographies.
● An active listener with the demonstrated ability to proactively and confidently engage with global key stakeholders to gain an understanding of the business and evolving technical needs.
● Develop and recommend innovative and cost-effective solutions.
● Proven track record of managing cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
● Scrum and agile enthusiast along with understanding of other methodologies including Kanban.
● Technically savvy and able to contribute to technical conversations, decisions, and strategies; with experience in performing technical and business tradeoffs between technologies.
● Experienced in quality practices, techniques, and tools at all layers of the stack.
● Experience with high availability, high-scale, performance systems.
● Ability to analyze problems and resolve conflicts.
● Ability to influence without direct authority.
● Travel upon request.