Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Vice President within EY-Parthenon, you will help make that happen. EY-Parthenon is a leading advisory organization, focused on strategy consulting. We are committed to combining our unconventional thinking with our clients ' smarts to deliver actionable strategies. The Software Strategy Group (SSG) is a specialized advisory software practice within EY-Parthenon, serving private equity investors and their portfolio companies from diligence through strategy and execution.
SSG provides investment and acquisition guidance (including commercial, product, and technology diligence), strategy/value creation and transaction advisory services to companies and investors in the software economy. EY-Parthenon 's SSG teams have completed hundreds of successful projects and provide a unique capability to help companies make critical decisions and complete successful transactions.
SSG team members conduct primary and secondary research, synthesize and analyze data, build and test hypotheses, and deliver strategic advice to our clients to help them make informed decisions. We have developed the models, industry contacts, benchmarks and methods designed for the software economy. Additionally, SSG works with internal Executive Directors who have been CTOs and CEOs in early and late stage software companies. The combination of the Executive Director team, our Consultants and Vice Presidents with deep software expertise provides a unique opportunity for you to learn from the best in the field.
You have the ability to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That 's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders and, in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
Vice Presidents act as the primary client contacts on EY-Parthenon SSG teams and are responsible for translating client needs into project tasks and deliverables. Vice Presidents manage day-to-day problem-solving and team analytical activities and serve as key liaisons between consulting team members, EY-Parthenon managing directors and our clients. Vice Presidents are also responsible for mentoring, inspiring and developing team staff. Additionally, Vice Presidents support the growth of the business by working alongside Managing Directors on new opportunities with potential clients, including preparing for and participating in pitch meetings, creating proposals and working on the sale process.
Skills and attributes for success
- Play a leadership role in helping grow the SSG practice
- Define the objective and scope of strategy engagements and client deliverables in consultation with the Managing Director
- Lead teams in the execution of both due diligence and value creation engagements
- Lead and perform product and technology assessments and develop executive-level communications regarding findings, recommendations, and value creation levers
- Possess a combination of client-oriented consulting skills, product and software economy centric industry experience, and quantitative analysis and finance expertise required to execute sophisticated engagements
- Drive business development activities in key sectors and internally across the broader EY and Transaction Advisory Services organization
- Manage, develop, and mentor junior team members at the Associate, Senior Associate, Consultant, and Senior Consultant levels
- Foster and mature client relationships; develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At a minimum, a bachelor 's degree (computer science or engineering degree is a plus) with outstanding academic performance and at least eight years of related work experience in a consulting firm, preferably with technology-oriented clients, or experience in a software or technology company in a product or R&D focused role
- Experience managing both project teams and direct reports and a history of providing ongoing professional development
- Strong quantitative skills to supervise data analysis, interpret output and generate insights.
- Ability to make detailed assessments of industry, products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities
- Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in a professional environment
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary (approximately 25-50%)
Ideally, you 'll also have
- An MBA, with three to six years of post-graduate-school experience in a consulting firm, preferably with technology-oriented clients, or experience in a software or technology company in a product or R&D focused role.
- Expertise in one or more software sectors (ERP, CRM, digital media, mobile, etc.)
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who have a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance. Being a strong team player is critical, with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients ' goals.