Title: VP Training, Enterprise Advisor Education
Do you possess an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you get excited by the opportunity to build a center of excellence from the ground up? Are you energized by a challenge and the ability to execute at a high-level? This may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Cetera Financial Group is seeking VP of Training with a high degree of drive, operational expertise and leadership capabilities that can quickly contribute to the expansion of the Advisor Education function at a growing financial services firm.
What we need:
This role is a part of the Advisor Growth department, located in El Segundo, California, and reports directly to the Head of Enterprise Advisor Education. This VP Training will have ownership over Enterprise Advisor training strategy, design and execution. She/he must thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to manage a high volume of work with multiple, and in some instances competing, priorities.
- Lead the build out of the Advisor Training function, as a shared service, supporting 9000 Financial Advisors.
- Partner with organizational leaders, across multiple matrix structures, to establish and implement a learning strategy with a particular focus on technology rollouts.
- Manage functional training resources to produce a high volume of deliverables, utilizing multiple training strategies.
- Develop and maintain trusting relationships with direct reports, internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and execute a portfolio of high-profile projects with multiple stakeholders, deadlines and constraints.
- Challenges the status quo when designing and developing training solutions to meet business requirements.
- Measures training effectiveness, through appropriate evaluation methods, and communicates the impact of development solutions to business leaders through visual, written and oral presentations.
- Partner with leader in capital planning, annual budget process and managing in-house and external resources
- Defines opportunities for improvement, process gaps or business needs through relevant assessment methods.
- Engages with Advisors and business leadership, to assess techniques to support the learner in post-training reinforcement and application.
- Manage the operation of Advisor-facing Learning Management System
- 25% travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will do:
- 15 years training development, facilitation and management experience or equivalent with demonstrated success in leading cross-functional teams including learning professionals, vendors, business owners and subject matter experts
- Strong people management skills
- Led successful change management and training strategies for large-scale system, software and process initiatives
- Experience with implementing multiple modes of learning: eLearning, train-the-trainer, process documents, job aids etc.
- Financial services or global operations experience preferred
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills to manage large scale, complex projects and programs
- Manage ambiguity, while delivering high-quality solutions that are relevant and timely
- Demonstrates the ability to solve problems and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates executive presence and able to influence others, at all levels of the firm
- Ability to provide and receive constructive and positive feedback from all stakeholders
- Communicates effectively in visual, oral and written form; uses active listening skills
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and ADDIE model of Training Development
- Advanced computer proficiency and knowledge of MS PPT, Word, Publisher
- Desire to make an impact in a growing firm, while having fun!
Our top performers share the following traits:
- Strong set of personal and business values that complement the firm's core values.
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals.
What we give you in return:
Our competitive Health program offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports healthy lifestyles, preventative care and helps to protect against hardship. Our retirement plan offers our employees the opportunity to plan ahead for a strong financial future well beyond their working years.
About Cetera Financial Group:
Cetera Financial Group ("Cetera") is a leading network of independent retail broker-dealers empowering the delivery of objective financial advice to individuals, families and company retirement plans across the country through trusted financial advisors and financial institutions. Cetera is the second-largest independent financial advisor network in the nation by number of advisors, as well as a leading provider of retail services to the investment programs of banks and credit unions.
Through its multiple distinct firms, Cetera offers independent and institutions-based advisors the benefits of a large, established broker-dealer and registered investment adviser, while serving advisors and institutions in a way that is customized to their needs and aspirations. Advisor support resources offered through Cetera include award-winning wealth management and advisory platforms, comprehensive broker-dealer and registered investment adviser services, practice management support and innovative technology.
" Cetera Financial Group " refers to the network of retail independent broker-dealers encompassing, among others, Cetera Advisors, Cetera Advisor Networks, Cetera Financial Institutions, Cetera Financial Specialists, First Allied Securities, and Summit Brokerage Services .