By Light is hiring a VTC Support Specialist to provide Tier III, customer onboarding/adoption, demo, and white-glove video teleconferencing support for a global video teleconferencing system for a DoD client. Approximately 90% of time will be providing Tier III and customer onboarding/adoption support. Approximately 10% of time will be providing VTC demo and white-glove services.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
- Develop test methods and perform testing and assessments, in coordination with customers, to assess suitability of customer systems for operational use with IP video services.
- Provide video network customer migration assistance and identify customer requirements that cannot be met by approved customer site architectures and shall recommend changes to meet new customer requirements for architectural evaluation.
- Identify areas requiring technical laboratory testing and hardware or software configuration validation related to customer site technical guidance.
- Ensure the customer site Video Facilitators, in their respective areas of responsibility, have a thorough understanding of the services and training opportunities provided, as well as limitations and issues associated with the multiple video platforms and video edge devices currently in use by customers.
- Provide recommendations concerning VTC Facility architecture and configuration and provide on-site technical assistance to specific sites.
- Work and track Tier III request, incident and problem tickets.
- Track Tier I and Tier II tickets. The candidate shall work with end users via phone or email.
- Identify/resolve Customer VTC equipment/transport problems.
- Provide technical and operational guidance for DoD customers in establishing and operating videoconferencing systems.
- Contact individual facilitators of sites experiencing problems to determine latest status and provide technical assistance to ensure earliest possible problem resolution.
- Document all customer contact history and resolution summary in the ticket system. The candidate shall identify and report all failed and/or impacted VIP conferences.
- Analyze problems related to the videoconferencing infrastructure referred to Tier III problem management support, determine problem root causes, and develop methods to resolve and eliminate the identified problems. For time-critical problems, the candidate shall develop and recommend workarounds for interim implementation until the problem cause and resolution can be determined.
- Define configuration changes and software patches needed to resolve problems and issues.
- Analyze and evaluate hardware and software changes related to planned system upgrades of operational systems.
- Develop technical methods, perform deployment activities, engineering planning and assessment, and provide engineering guidance and support for the user adaptation services and capabilities being implemented for IP videoconferencing services.
- Support the user adaptation of H.320 and H.323 video systems and services to IP video services using SIP and AS-SIP signaling including both infrastructure and customer legacy sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working in DoD information technology
- 5+ years working with Vidyo, H.323, H.320, H.264, H.239, SIP, SVC, codecs, MCUs, gatekeepers, gateways, session border controllers, and ticket systems
- VTC manufacturer’s certification(s), Vidyo preferred
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- Outstanding customer satisfactions skills
- Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to lift or carry objects up to 40 lbs
- Ability to frequently use computer, telephone and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)
- Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or a related field
- Previous Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, or other military (Enlisted, Officer, or similar)
- Past experience with DVS, DVS-G, GVS, or DISA
- 5+ years working with Tandberg/Cisco, Polycom, Codian, KIV-7M, KIK-13, SKL, AS-SIP
- Active DOD Secret clearance
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities