Serving the community since 1961, WakeMed Health & Hospitals is a nationally recognized, private, not-for-profit health care organization founded and based in Raleigh, N.C. The largest health system in Wake County, WakeMed exists to improve the health and well-being of our community by providing outstanding, compassionate, patient- and family-centered care to all. The 919-bed system is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated Magnet by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. WakeMed is a leader in cardiac and vascular care, women’s and children’s services, emergency medicine and trauma care, physical rehabilitation, orthopaedics and neurosciences. Specialty facilities include the WakeMed Heart Center, Children’s Hospital, Rehabilitation Hospital, Adult and Children’s Emergency Departments and a Level 1 Trauma Center. WakeMed’s team of more than 9,500 employees, 250 employed physicians, 1,500 volunteers, 1,200 affiliated physicians use the most advanced technologies along with the best minds and the biggest hearts to ensure the finest quality in health care and community health. For more information, visit www.wakemed.org<='' p=''>
• Growing hospitals with very manageable patient volumes targeting 12-15 patients
• 16 x 10 hour shifts/month with highly flexible block schedules
• Work-Life balance, no procedure requirements
• 24/7 intensivist support for all critical care patients
• Strong support from medical and surgical sub-specialties, interventional radiology, ancillary services
• Epic electronic medical record since 2015
• Collaboration with high functioning APPs
• Great team, cohesive work environment, accessibility, options to participate in clinical and numerous improvement projects if desired
• Career growth opportunities in one of the country's finest locations for family, education, healthcare, technology, recreation, and stability
• We offer a very competitive compensation and bonus program, a wide range of benefits, and shifts that make sense if you are seeking true work-life balance
WakeMed Physician Practices is a multi-specialty group with over 330 physicians in a variety of specialty areas. Our organization places a high value on quality, caring and compassionate physicians. We are committed to providing state-of-the-art health care to our patients and the community we serve.
WakeMed Physician Practices provides exceptional Hospitalist services, by board certified physicians. We are seeking physicians with an interest in joining our Hospitalist team as a Nocturnist. Ideal flexible schedule of 12 ten hour night shifts per month. Must be currently Board Certified or Board Eligible by an American Medical Specialty Board in Internal Medicine.
As an employer of choice, we offer a full range of benefits and attractive compensation package with a competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus incentives. Comprehensive benefit package includes paid malpractice, CME, association dues and membership, vacation, health, life, and dental insurance, matching 403b retirement plan and other options, relocation assistance and/or signing bonus. Visa sponsorship not available.
Physicians interested in current or future career opportunities are encouraged to submit a C.V. to our applicant system for review. For more information to inquire in confidence please contact firstname.lastname@example.org #LIPOST
Completion of an appropriate residency and training program. Completion of an appropriate residency and training program.
Graduate of an approved school of medicine. Completion of internship and residency in area of specialty. Graduate of an approved school of medicine. Completion of internship and residency in area of specialty.
Licensed to practice as a medical physician in the state of North Carolina. Board Certified or eligible in appropriate specialty with approved WakeMed staff privileges.
Hours of Work:
10 pm - 8 am