Coordinates the warehouse functions including performing shipping and receiving duties (both internal production and raw material items), managing dock appointments, completing accurate inventory counts as requested, and providing material support to production for manufacturing activities.
- Provides the Production Control Coordinator with complete list of all finished product shipment on scheduled shift.
- Schedules incoming and outgoing shipments
- Loads other shipments as required.
- Receives, verifies and locates all incoming shipments.
- Supports manufacturing process by supplying raw materials and packaging as required to production areas to ensure no production shut-downs.
- Writes up all receipts of items coming into plant during scheduled shift.
- Keeps an accurate record of all location move, receipts and finished product produced during scheduled shift.
- Enters all receipts into system.
- Provides inventory counts as required by purchasing.
- Keeps warehouse and dock areas clean.
- Operates all machinery required to achieve warehouse function.
- Computer Work
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ year’s warehouse experience.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Warehouse Practices.
- Ability to drive a stand up forklift.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds routinely.
- Microsoft applications skills a must.
- Comfortable dealing with difficult situations.
- Demonstrated strengths in decision-making, analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to extend work hours when needed.
- Ability to subtract, add, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to clearly articulate process problems or troubleshooting issues.
- Must be trained in lockout/tagout procedures and hazard communication.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Must be able to wear hearing protection in designated areas.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Peripheral vision.
Perfetti Van Melle, USA is an EOE, M/F/D/V and AAP Employer