Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Location: Inglewood, CA
Postion Type: Full Time, Excellent Benefits
The Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute (LA BioMed) is a 501(c) 3 independent non-profit biomedical research organization in Torrance, California. Our researchers and staff are dedicated to furthering advancements in medicine by providing needed services to our communities for more than 65 years. We research a variety of contemporary biomedical problems that impacts people around the world and have 1,000+ ongoing research projects at a time.We are seeking individuals who are altruistic, passionate, and capable. If you desire to make an impact in people’s lives, then LA BioMed is the place for you!
Description of Duties:
The Warehouse Assistant performs shipping and receiving, delivery, maintains inventory and prepares paperwork required for ordering supplies, as well data entry to produce inventory reports at the WIC Warehouse. The incumbent may provide support at the SLAHP Administrative Office, WIC sites and other venues, as directed.
- Six months of experience in warehouse delivery, shipping and receiving and inventory control.
- Proficient English ability required. Basic conversational Spanish is a plus.
- A working knowledge of basic warehouse operations /services and equipment is required, as is the ability to successfully interact with a culturally diverse staff and client population.
- High school graduate, GED, or equivalent
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Proof of personal auto insurance
- Good driving record
- Personal transportation with current California registration
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and to occasionally work independently without close supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitive to, and respect for, the cultural diversity and bias of the target population
- Available to work dependable, flexible shift
LA BioMed offers a competitive package of employment benefits for its employees and their dependents.
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between LA BioMed and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between LA BioMed and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between LA BioMed and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by LA BioMed. This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: LA BioMed provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by LA BioMed. LA BioMed makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. LA BioMed offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by LA BioMed.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
LA BioMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer